No Fire Works in Pattaya Where to go on NYE ??????????

kingstonkid

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Go out for a few cocktails, a nice meal, a few more bevvies then home to watch all the fireworks around the world on telly whilst rumpy pumpy in between cities.

LOL I can do that here in BKK was hoping for some enjoyment.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

So what were you hoping for in Pattaya which isn't in Bkk? Don't they have fireworks there?

Or maybe a change in r-p participant eh!

Edited by KannikaP
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

So what were you hoping for in Pattaya which isn't in Bkk? Don't they have fireworks there?

Or maybe a change in r-p participant eh!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bangkok follow suit.

Although a lot of people are heavily invested in pyrotechnics.

8 minutes ago, petermik said:

won,t happen....many thais will insist on mask wearing on their deathbeds.......55555

Yep for LOADS of Thais the masks are here to stay until death do them part...But like you say even the death part is questionable....

• Like 1

The greatest show in Thailand wil be in Bangkok The Grand Phenomenon of Eco-friendly Fireworks Performance

ICONSIAM would like to bring to you the grand phenomenon of Eco-friendly fireworks show of over 1,400 meters in length and over 30,000 fireworks, under the concept “Win the World for Thailand”.  A collaborative work between “Oguchi Yoshimasa”, a world-class expert in designing and producing firework shows from Japan, and Brothers Pictures Co., Ltd.

28 minutes ago, proton said:

Events in Bkk have already been cancelled, it will only get worse

You can bet all such activities are/will be cancelled.

There was a confusing message about Chonburi in a thread yesterday but also 100% confirmed for Pattaya:

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/12/22/new-year-countdown-fireworks-canceled-in-pattaya/

And even a reason stated now telling half of the story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

It is nothing to do with Covid.

It is just a couple of mask obsessed dullards with nothing constructive to say...

I have not yet seen a topic saying NYE Fireworks in Pattaya were cancelled.... I did read one saying Chonburi had cancelled them, could be the City, could be the Province,, but Pattaya is a separate administration.  This thread suggests Bangkok has cancelled them.... is that true or not?

Ah.. just seen the topic about Pattaya cancellation.

https://thepattayanews.com/2022/12/22/new-year-countdown-fireworks-canceled-in-pattaya/

Edited by jacko45k

All my Thai friends know this is due to the seriousness of the illness of the princess. Nothing to do with Covid. I know it’s a common excuse for everything, but not this time. The Thais love their princess and feel there should be no celebration during this time. I have a feeling that Mathew unfortunately may be correct. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, champers said:

Company has changed name but still in Huddersfield.

Now owned by a Chinese parent Company (Black Cat Fireworks). I used to place the insurance for the Huddersfield location. They needed to sell a lot of bangers to cover the cost of that. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/23/2022 at 11:37 AM, kingstonkid said:

Having gone into central Pattaya on NYE many times in the past, I would not recommend it. Putting up with the crowds and traffic is not a great way to start the year. I didn't know they had cancelled the fire works on the hill, but either way, it's a lousy night to go there.