Tesla stock has plummeted since Elon Musk took over Twitter. Here's why.

Scott

Model S | Tesla

Tesla stock has plummeted since CEO Elon Musk took over Twitter, falling more than 45% in about over two months.

In all, the company's stock has dropped more than 65% since January, when Musk began investing in Twitter. By comparison, the tech-heavy Nasdaq has fallen about half as far over that period.

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/tesla-stock-plummeted-elon-musk-twitter/story?id=95756733

File:ABC News logo 2021.svg - Wikimedia Commons

49 minutes ago, Credo said:

His cars maybe self-driving, but his companies are not.  

Certain current events might make a person wonder just how much this guy's judgement can be relied upon.  So when he talks about the safety of his self-driving vehicles . . .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Credo said:

His cars maybe self-driving, but his companies are not.  

I wouldn't go near a self-driving car. I've worked in the field. Yes, vision is 360 but there are edge case scenarios a car may see that AI can't interpret but a (sober)  human can. The lawyers on the team make more than the designers when it comes to autonomous vehicles.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

He sold a lot of stock to buy Twitter.

When someone dumps a load of shares the price drops, that's how shares work.

Yep ... along with the whole Nasdaq market is down, on average ...

image.png.2eeab1cc3bbc1e031e973ecda1e2df6e.png

Along with the auto industries, whether supply lines or simply world economy, and lack of new car buyers.    Also many more EVs to chose on the market, from a year ago.  

• Like 1

The explication is very simply. The Tesla shares are, as any other, impacted by supply and demand. E. Musk head shareholder had to sell a lot of his shares periodically to cash for financing his numerous projects. The supply got oversaturated and the share value plunged. The perverse effect of this situation is that we find ourselves in a negative spiral. ie the more the value decreases, the more shares he will have to sell. This is the danger when a majority of shares are in possession of one party. 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Chigur said:

I wouldn't go near a self-driving car. I've worked in the field. Yes, vision is 360 but there are edge case scenarios a car may see that AI can't interpret but a (sober)  human can. The lawyers on the team make more than the designers when it comes to autonomous vehicles.

I'd be a little nervous in a driverless car, but less so in a self-driving car with a driver.  My car has a lot of safety features, including adaptive cruise and Lane Departure warning.  I've become very reliant on those safety features.  

1 hour ago, Credo said:

I'd be a little nervous in a driverless car, but less so in a self-driving car with a driver.  My car has a lot of safety features, including adaptive cruise and Lane Departure warning.  I've become very reliant on those safety features.  

He's probably wasted a lot of money oin his driverless pipe dream. Other manufacturers with more capital will soon overtake Tesla. More so because he just destroyed his main market demographic.

• Like 1

Maybe he's going to start shedding staff as he did when he took over twitter.............

Tesla suspends production at Shanghai plant

The Shanghai plant has been focused on making models for export in the last week, the person added.

A media representative at Tesla China did not immediately respond to request for comment.

The plant’s suspension of Model Y assembly at the end of the month would be part of a cut in planned production of about 30% in the month for the model, Tesla's best-selling model, at the Shanghai factory, Reuters had reported.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/tesla-suspends-production-shanghai-plant-internal-notice-2022-12-24

Musk thought he was buying an online messaging tool but he ends up with an intel bio-security propoganda tool. Now he's up <deleted> creek without a paddle. ????

Edited by Venom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Venom said:

Musk thought he was buying an online messaging tool but he ends up with an intel bio-security propoganda tool. Now he's up <deleted> creek without a paddle. ????

And it appears the powers to be aren't to pleased about having their propaganda machine taken from them.

Never read so much negative news-blips about Musk since he started exposing the influence they exerted with Twit's content, and what they allowed and or censored.

Like Trump, he is now the enemy of the puppeteers  ...  more drama to follow ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, KhunLA said:

And it appears the powers to be aren't to pleased about having their propaganda machine taken from them.

Never read so much negative news-blips about Musk since he started exposing the influence they exerted with Twit's content, and what they allowed and or censored.

Like Trump, he is now the enemy of the puppeteers  ...  more drama to follow ????

Musk put himself in the spotlights and is making sure to stay there with extremely erratic decisions.

That's the reason for the negative news blibs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stevenl said:

Musk put himself in the spotlights and is making sure to stay there with extremely erratic decisions.

That's the reason for the negative news blibs.

False pedophilia charges against an ex Twitter executive didn't help much either.

Edited by placeholder