Enlarged Prostate/BPH - What is the best/most effective operational procedure ?

Pumpuynarak

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Nope but i can confirm that constipation is deffo a problem for me. Here we are on Thursday morning and my last defacation was Monday morning and my food intake is normal for me.

I have to say i'm getting a little concerned, no pain though.

Try a large cup of Prune Juice (Sunsweet) as it seems to work for me........mostly!!

• Thumbs Up 2

You can reduce inflammation by choosing to avoid certain foods. Street foods cooked in mystery oil causes inflammation. Fast food too. Try to avoid anything processed and oily.

I had an enlarged prostate by the time I was 20 years old. I take / took Finasteride and it seemed to clear up in less than a year of being on it.

Good luck.

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

I had an enlarged prostate by the time I was 20 years old. I take / took Finasteride and it seemed to clear up in less than a year of being on it.

Side effects?

Edited by JimmyJ

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now where would i get Prune Juice (Sunsweet) ?

In most supermarkets, as Sheryl has said, and I find that I need a fairly large cupful/mug full to make it work, and just occasionally I add some liquid sorbitol, which is very potent so you have to be careful with it (I buy that from Lazada at about hundred baht per bottle) – – always had a slow digestive system, so taking Metamucil and the like doesn't do much at all unfortunately!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Nope but i can confirm that constipation is deffo a problem for me. Here we are on Thursday morning and my last defacation was Monday morning and my food intake is normal for me.

I have to say i'm getting a little concerned, no pain though.

Just eat a good and spicy Thai dish, works for me every time. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, frantick said:

Just eat a good and spicy Thai dish, works for me every time. 

I wish..........................!!!!!!! I can and do eat chillies raw and in dishes, but to no avail!

Anyway, off topic, however I wish Pumpuynarak all the best with his endeavours and hope the op continues to be successful.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I wish..........................!!!!!!! I can and do eat chillies raw and in dishes, but to no avail!

Anyway, off topic, however I wish Pumpuynarak all the best with his endeavours and hope the op continues to be successful.

Thanks, big day tomorrow mate, i'm having the catheter removed hopefully, i really don't want to spend another minute with this contraption stuck up my manhood.

Then i can get back to normal life with my attractive Thai wifey lol

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Thanks, big day tomorrow mate, i'm having the catheter removed hopefully, i really don't want to spend another minute with this contraption stuck up my manhood.

Good luck with that PPN and I won't spoil the fun for you, but there is a little "trick" which they use as they are about to take out the catheter, but I'll let you find out about that tomorrow!!

As for me, well, I have gotten used to sticking a catheter up the old fella every night before I go to bed, and the catheter is quite a bit smaller than the one you have inserted in you, so no big deal for me, believe it or not!

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, xylophone said:

Good luck with that PPN and I won't spoil the fun for you, but there is a little "trick" which they use as they are about to take out the catheter, but I'll let you find out about that tomorrow!!

As for me, well, I have gotten used to sticking a catheter up the old fella every night before I go to bed, and the catheter is quite a bit smaller than the one you have inserted in you, so no big deal for me, believe it or not!

You have my deepest sympathy, i don't know if i could cope with that long term but needs must ehh ?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, dr mozzi said:

Apology for my English.

Anyone know a pharmacy/hospital selling:

darolutamide (Nubeqa)

enzalutamide (Xtandi or generic)

There is no registered brand of darolutamide in Thailand.

Enzalutamide is available only as imported brand Xtandl and must be obtained at a hospital.

Hospital pharmacies here do not sell to the general public, they only provide medications ordered by a doctor on staff at that hospotal. So you would have to see  an oncologist at a hospital.

Where in Thailand are you?

On 12/29/2022 at 8:34 PM, Negita43 said:

Of course, I would like to do everything I can within the above parameters to address the prostate issue so the question is, does anyone have any suggestions as to my next course of action?

The question is whether you are sexually active or not? If not ask your doctor about a bilateral Orchiectomy, which would slow down or stop the growth of your cancer with less side effect than any form of chemical castration.

2 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

The question is whether you are sexually active or not? If not ask your doctor about a bilateral Orchiectomy, which would slow down or stop the growth of your cancer with less side effect than any form of chemical castration.

So in effect, they cut your nuts off!! Think long and hard about that.

• Confused 1

On 1/20/2023 at 11:18 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Looking forward to your update.  Best of luck

7 hours ago, Adumbration said:

Looking forward to your update.  Best of luck

Well i'm not enjoying the best of times at the moment, incontinence and constipation issues are prevalent but my urologist says they should improve with the passage of time. Here's hoping......

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well i'm not enjoying the best of times at the moment, incontinence and constipation issues are prevalent but my urologist says they should improve with the passage of time. Here's hoping......

I am cheering for you on the sidelines.

I look forward to hearing about your swift and successful recovery.

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear that but can I ask why you chose the TURP?

I understand Rezum wasn't available in your area but couldn't you have come to Bangkok?
It is an outpatient procedure after all.

Hang on in there PPN as I had similar after my Turp although I didn't have incontinence because I had an indwelling catheter for quite a while – – no fun as I think I said previously.

Constipation was certainly an issue and I was told not to strain or anything like that, and to be honest I can't remember how I overcame that, but it has been something that I have had to put up with for a great deal of my life, and even nowadays I take tablets every few days just to help!

Look forward to the day when you can walk into the toilet, point Percy at the porcelain and experience a stream that would make a racehorse proud!!!

Good luck and please keep us informed.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BuddyPish said:

Sorry to hear that but can I ask why you chose the TURP?

I understand Rezum wasn't available in your area but couldn't you have come to Bangkok?
It is an outpatient procedure after all.

I did consider doing Rezum in Bangkok but felt what with various tests i underwent prior to Turp which no doubt would have been required for Rezum it would not be just a one day outpatient procedure and the urologist here in Korat came highly recommended.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 7:52 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

I did consider doing Rezum in Bangkok but felt what with various tests i underwent prior to Turp which no doubt would have been required for Rezum it would not be just a one day outpatient procedure and the urologist here in Korat came highly recommended.

Yes I understand the reasoning there.
I had a bunch of tests done including various ultrasounds from Bumrungrad hospital before initially going to BNH.
I brought all those results with me so I wouldn't have to go through another round of the same.

The risk of lifelong side effects associated with TURP, including erectile and ejaculatory dysfunction, was simply too high for me to give it any more than a nanosecond's consideration.

That being said, there are many people who swear by it and hopefully, you'll be one of them.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, BuddyPish said:

That being said, there are many people who swear by it

I've never encountered a happy TURP customer in Thailand.

They all complained of incontinence and/or impotence. 

Guy own the road from me had it done (age 55), no problems as he was finished with sex anyway. Now he's 60, needs it done again.

Edited by BritManToo

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've never encountered a happy TURP customer in Thailand.

They all complained of incontinence and/or impotence. 

Guy own the road from me had it done (age 55), no problems as he was finished with sex anyway. Now he's 60, needs it done again.

Finished with sex??
At 55??? ????

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 7:52 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

I had the Rezum precedure in Bangkok at BNH and the doctor told me it is not advisable to travel after that for a few weeks, even if it only an outpatient procedure. There is a risk of an acute urinary retention ( unable to urinate) for some time after the catheter is removed. In this case it is a medical emergency and you cannot just walk into any other hospital. Other doctors might refuse to help because of legal liability problems if they know you had a surgery elsewhere in case something goes wrong. Also few doctors in Thailand have any knowledge about the Rezum procedure and might refer you to the hospital where you had it done.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BuddyPish said:

Finished with sex??
At 55??? ????

Most of the guys I knew in the UK finished with sex at age 40.

Not their choice, their wife wouldn't do it (with them) any more, and if they wanted to keep their house ........

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...