re -entry visa question

Hi......If i could ask any member to clarify something for me I would greatly appreciate. apologies if my question seems a bit muddled but been trying to think how to word it so its clear....any way here goes:

I will be renewing my  year extension or retirement visa as I refer to it the first couple of weeks in January 2023 (the official  date when it expires is 31st Jan 2023). I will be returning to the UK in early March to help take care of my elderly mother so after I have renewed the retirement visa I will also get a re-entry visa.....a couple of questions if I may:

Q1. Is there any stipulation as to how early a re-entry visa can be obtained before my flight (first week in March) or are the re-entry visas valid for a certain amount of time after they are issued say 6 months or a year etc.?

Q2. I really dont know how long i will be in the UK dependent on how mum is so i have booked a one way flight, but Im aware I will have to be back at the end of the year (2023) or so to renew my Retirement visa again....so my long winded question is: if say i came back at the end of December 2023 bearing in mind my new visa renewal date will be  31st Jan 2024, would I still get the 90days on arrival at the airport with my re-entry visa even tho I would only have maybe a month on my retirement visa?

Sorry for the long winded confusing 2nd question but couldnt think how to put it more clearly......many thanks in advance

Edited by twozeds

No need to get the Re-entry permit in advance.  As long as you have a boarding pass, you can obtain it at passport control when you depart, open 24/7  Same price, B1000 single.  If you don't have a visa photo, they can take it there.  Usually less than 20 minutes to complete.  It can take much longer at Immigration offices