Need to do tm30?

23 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

Then what do I have to do? I am getting confused now lol

Do nothing.

You entered on a reentry permit.

No TM30 required. 

Which immigration office? 

Some offices still insist on using previous (outdated) rules.

Thinking CM is one. 

On 12/28/2022 at 4:12 AM, Jack1988 said:

even if you are married to a thai, you have 1 year extension based upon marriage which has not expired yet and you need to stay in a hotel for one week there is no need to meet immigration?

I just went through this, i.e. I returned from overseas end October with the wife, I have a marriage extension which expires end January 2023.

We arrived in Bangkok and stayed at a hotel before making our way home up country.

When we arrived home, I asked the wife to call immigration regarding me submitting a TM30 and the answer was no, your husband doesn't need to see us if he has returned from overseas.

I did recall that there was something about the blue book holder having to report the foreigner guest/alien call us what you like, so I insisted that she call again, and a different immigration officer said, correct, your husband doesn't need to come in, but you who is the blue book holder must, so we went in, only to be told we could do it on line, thanks for nothing, 3 hour round trip.

So I would suggest if you are staying at the wife's place and she is the holder of the blue book, that you try going online and get her to fill in the details, otherwise go in as it will save her potentially a 2,000 baht fine.

Now of course this can vary at different immigration offices so probably best you get wifey to call them as I did and ask if she has to let them know that you have just returned from overseas, careful of the wording though as some of them can be thick, e.g. 1st immigration officer could have told the wife that she had to come in or go online to report that I am staying in her house as she is the blue book holder.

Hope that clears things up, i.e. you don't have to do anything, it's the blue book holder, which is more than likely your wife, if not some other family member ?

Edited by 4MyEgo

On 12/28/2022 at 6:38 PM, Jack1988 said:

I already had an extension based upon marriage but I've applied for a re-entry permit before to leave thailand. I will come back the end of february and my extension will still be valid. I will stay in a hotel for 1 or 2 weeks and after I will move at my wife's house. So do I have to change tm30 in this case or is not necessary?

As mentioned in my previous reply, you don't need to do anything, it will be the blue book holder who needs to report that you are staying with them, example, as my wife is the blue book holder of our (her) house, she had to report that I (her husband) was staying with her after our recent trip overseas, even though I had a re-entry permit and my marriage extension expires end January 2023.

So again, you personally don't need to do anything, your wife will if she is the blue book holder, fact of the matter is she can do it online, my brother in law who returned recently (farang) who goes to the same immigration office said that I don't need to, I said, correct, but my Mrs had to, he said no she doesn't, I said, well if your Mrs hasn't told them that you recently returned and are staying in her house, she could be up for a 2,000 baht fine if they pick it up on the system, more than likely when he does his extension.

But each to their own, we do as we are told and avoid being exposed to fines. As for the brother in laws wife, I will keep an ear out to hear if she squeals when he renews his extension.

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Do nothing.

You entered on a reentry permit.

No TM30 required. 

Thinking CM is one. 

I think in all fairness Doc, one should go a little further and also tell him that it's the wife (blue book) holder that has to report that he is back, technically speaking, you are correct in saying that he doesn't need to do anything, but.....his wife is the one that has to submit the TM30.

The above said, I am speaking from a recent experience and that is exactly what happened, 1st told husband doesn't need to do anything, 2nd call, correct, husband doesn't need to do anything, but you (wife) have to let us know he is back so come in, so we went, only to be told we could have done it online, 3 hour return trip wasted, they're a usless lot except for when it comes to extracting money from you in my opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

As mentioned in my previous reply, you don't need to do anything, it will be the blue book holder who needs to report that you are staying with them, example, as my wife is the blue book holder of our (her) house, she had to report that I (her husband) was staying with her after our recent trip overseas, even though I had a re-entry permit and my marriage extension expires end January 2023.

So again, you personally don't need to do anything, your wife will if she is the blue book holder, fact of the matter is she can do it online, my brother in law who returned recently (farang) who goes to the same immigration office said that I don't need to, I said, correct, but my Mrs had to, he said no she doesn't, I said, well if your Mrs hasn't told them that you recently returned and are staying in her house, she could be up for a 2,000 baht fine if they pick it up on the system, more than likely when he does his extension.

But each to their own, we do as we are told and avoid being exposed to fines. As for the brother in laws wife, I will keep an ear out to hear if she squeals when he renews his extension.

Which immigration office.

Neither yourself or wife did not (should not) need to file a TM30. 

23 hours ago, problemfarang said:

so in your situation your tm30 registered in your wife house already. you dont need to do anything about tm30. you are good

Just for your information, you are incorrect.

As he left with a re-entry permit and returned, his wife must let immigration know again, so she will be the one completing the TM30.

You can read above from my previous experience at my immigration office.

There is a lot of misinformation about the TM30, however I can say with certainty from my recent experience at my immigration office that the wife had to let them know I was, once again, staying at our matrimonial (her house) as she is the blue book holder.

Regardless that they know that I have lived here for 7 years, each time we go overseas (4 so far) she has had to let them know, is it all BS, heck yes, but it is what they want, or she could end up paying a 2,000 baht fine, words from the horses mouth.

2 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

Ok I will not change tm30 again then. By the way, this rules in thailand are really useless and stressful

If your wife is the blue book holder, get her to go online or to immigration to report that you are once again staying in the house.

The rules are draconian, but they are their rules and we have to abide by them, that said, this one is for the wife. You don't have to do anything. Just tell her, and it is "up to her".

1 minute ago, Jack1988 said:

But I don't understand why do I have to change tm30 again if I will come back to stay at my wife's house? It's the same adress, change tm30 again for what? It's funny this immigration in thailand

To be honest, I don't know if it is called a TM30, but the blue book holder, usually your wife has to let immigration know that you are back at that same address.

Why they want to know this, I have know idea, it's stupid and time wasting, but it is their country and their rules, so we just do what they tell us so that we comply. Once we comply with their stupid rules, we then relax, no point in stressing out and asking them why, because most of the time, they will just say, because it's the way things are or that is the rules.

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

To be honest, I don't know if it is called a TM30, but the blue book holder, usually your wife has to let immigration know that you are back at that same address.

Why they want to know this, I have know idea, it's stupid and time wasting, but it is their country and their rules, so we just do what they tell us so that we comply. Once we comply with their stupid rules, we then relax, no point in stressing out and asking them why, because most of the time, they will just say, because it's the way things are or that is the rules.

always this useless rules

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Sakon Nakhon

Don't think what they do in one office out of 75 is all that relevant.

Using the logic of making new TM30 report for returning from abroad would mean same is required for inter province trips.

Indeed that was previous laws.

You mention wife and her owning house/condo. 

What of all the rest. 

Those on retirement extensions some of which own there own properties. Some not. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't think what they do in one office out of 75 is all that relevant.

Using the logic of making new TM30 report for returning from abroad would mean same is required for inter province trips.

Indeed that was previous laws.

You mention wife and her owning house/condo. 

What of all the rest. 

Those on retirement extensions some of which own there own properties. Some not. 

Look I agree with what you are saying Doc, and I did mention that it was from my experience at our immigration office and that others might do things differently, hence the reason I suggest he get his wife to call them.

I don't know if it was a TM30 she completed at immigration, but I am suspecting it would be, I jut asked her and she said she had no idea, they gave her a form and she completed it, being the holder of the blue book.

I know my immigration office is different to another that some farangs I know go to, i.e. for the same extension, they don't ask for as much information as the immigration office I go to, nor do they have to get their wives to report when their husbands come back from overseas.

It would be great it there was one uniformed system so that we could all provide information with each other without some bickering, at the moment, we don't have that, but we can hope.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

Ok I will ask to my wife to call or go to immigration and ask if I will have to change tm30 again after I checkout from an hotel

It would be better if she also asked if she had to do anything for immigration if she is the blue book holder, and if she has to report you staying with her, then please do let us know as each immigration has different rules, hence all the confusion for all of us travelling in the same boat.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

Need Ubon Joe advise right now but he is disappeared. Damn!

I don't know if this helps anymore than what I provided, but I copied and pasted it from the internet, but that said, when your wife calls immigration and tells them that she is the blue book holder and you just returned from overseas and will be staying with her once again, they will be the ones telling her if there is anything they require from here, e.g. filing a TM30 as the blue book holder ?

The below is just from an article, and only your immigration office can tell your wife if they need anything more from her.

If you are staying in a friend’s house, your friend still needs to submit the TM30 form. The same applies to any foreigner who is married to a Thai and carries a Thai visa.

https://www.thethailandlife.com/tm30-guide

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Thinking CM is one. 

I can confirm that Chiang Mai Immigration are still using the old rules, for inter-province travel !  

My online 90-day-Report was declined ten-days-ago, because I had stayed at a Chonburi resort in November, and their report of my (temporary) hotel-stay had overwritten my permanent residential-address, which has been on my most-recent TM30 (back in 2019).

There was a 3-4 hour queue at CM-Immigration, when I went in and tried to correct their records, so I gave up !  And will try to re-do it next September, just before my next visa-extension is due.  No point doing it before then, as I have several overseas-trips planned, and also some inter-provincial travel, before then ! 

A temporary trip to another province logically ought not to over-ride one's permanent-address, as notified on 90-day-reports and used on all Immigration paperwork for the past 19-years, but it does in Chiang Mai  ...  one can only live with it, until it changes again !  ????

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

I can confirm that Chiang Mai Immigration are still using the old rules, for inter-province travel !

Absolutely ridiculous.

However nothing new about various immigration offices doing as they please. 

Rogue offices throughout Thailand. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

But if for example I will not stay at hotel and just come back to stay at my wife's house in this case there is no need to change tm30 again?

You keep asking same question.

Which immigration office do you deal with.

As pointed out in above posts immigration offices have different rules 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/29/2022 at 9:50 AM, DrJack54 said:

I'm stating the rules.

Not what some random io or office does.

You are wrong, you are stating your interpretation.

If someone wants a stamp in their passport, it all depends on that random IO or office.

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2022 at 2:36 AM, DrJack54 said:

...The laws regarding TM30 were changed few years ago.

Section 38 ot the Immigration Law has not changed, as far as I know, but there have been changes in the procedures over the years. Currently, there is this on the website of the Immigation Bureau:

https://www.immigration.go.th/en?p=14721

10 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Section 38 ot the Immigration Law has not changed, as far as I know, but there have been changes in the procedures over the years. Currently, there is this on the website of the Immigation Bureau:

https://www.immigration.go.th/en?p=14721

That may be the case however there was a change (think 2019) as outlined here......

"2.2 After the house holder, owner or possessor of the premise of hotel manager has reported as defined in Article 2.1, the same alien has left the premise and

returned for another stay within the valid period, the house holder, owner or possessor

of the premise of hotel manager do not need to make another report;"...

Previously any travel inter province and international required a filing of TM30 upon return. 

That is no longer required

Edited by DrJack54