Need to do tm30?

1 minute ago, Jack1988 said:

Ok thanks for the information. There is no need to go to immigration too?

What is your planned stay?

As I mentioned above...unless you have need to deal with immigration then no need to concern yourself with TM30 

• Thumbs Up 2

if you are staying in a hotel, hotel do TM30 for you. so you dont need to do.

if you will move to a house or rental after the hotel yes, you need to do TM30 at the immigration or online

if you already had a visa and left thailand and come back, you dont need to do anything. UNLESS you changed your visa. if you changed your visa type yes you need to do TM30. 

if your plan is really staying in a hotel for 2 weeks you dont need to do anything. but if you change your staying you have to, thats it

1 hour ago, Jack1988 said:

even if you are married to a thai, you have 1 year extension based upon marriage which has not expired yet and you need to stay in a hotel for one week there is no need to meet immigration?

hotel is doing your tm30.

if you leave the hotel and go another home or else you need to do tm30. hotels do tm30 for you. its their responsibility. 

if you are already living in thailand with your wife, its ok again.  when you go to the hotel use your thai wife Id as register. most of them ill not ask your passport. if they ask still no problem. they will do TM30 online. if you live in thailand when you get back home you dont need to do TM30 again

Edited by problemfarang

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

What is your planned stay?

As I mentioned above...unless you have need to deal with immigration then no need to concern yourself with TM30 

Exactly correct.  Went yesterday for my 30-day extension and had asked for a copy of my TM30 from my residence/hotel which they said "don't worry, no need". 

IO said I had everything in order, only problem was, my residence didn't enter the TM30.  

Going back today meeting the landlord there as he will pay their 1,600b fine for non-reporting and getting my extension . 

6 hours ago, mushroomdave said:

Exactly correct.  Went yesterday for my 30-day extension and had asked for a copy of my TM30 from my residence/hotel which they said "don't worry, no need". 

IO said I had everything in order, only problem was, my residence didn't enter the TM30.  

Going back today meeting the landlord there as he will pay their 1,600b fine for non-reporting and getting my extension . 

On all topics, just because sometimes they allow/not allow, fine/not fine,, say this or that does not mean nothing! even the same IO can say different things at times, depends on................................   who knows....

TIT

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, problemfarang said:

if you are staying in a hotel, hotel do TM30 for you. so you dont need to do.

if you will move to a house or rental after the hotel yes, you need to do TM30 at the immigration or online

if you already had a visa and left thailand and come back, you dont need to do anything. UNLESS you changed your visa. if you changed your visa type yes you need to do TM30. 

if your plan is really staying in a hotel for 2 weeks you dont need to do anything. but if you change your staying you have to, thats it

I already had an extension based upon marriage but I've applied for a re-entry permit before to leave thailand. I will come back the end of february and my extension will still be valid. I will stay in a hotel for 1 or 2 weeks and after I will move at my wife's house. So do I have to change tm30 in this case or is not necessary?

1 hour ago, Jack1988 said:

I already had an extension based upon marriage but I've applied for a re-entry permit before to leave thailand. I will come back the end of february and my extension will still be valid. I will stay in a hotel for 1 or 2 weeks and after I will move at my wife's house. So do I have to change tm30 in this case or is not necessary?

were you staying in your wifes house before leaving? if yes, you dont need. 

if no, after hotel when you moved to your wifes house do tm30 at the local immigration

i suggest phone application. takes 10 min. clear photo of the house book, passport, house book and wife ID enough for register. your wife will register because shes the owner or whoever's name on the house book

14 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

were you staying in your wifes house before leaving? if yes, you dont need. 

if no, after hotel when you moved to your wifes house do tm30 at the local immigration

i suggest phone application. takes 10 min. clear photo of the house book, passport, house book and wife ID enough for register. your wife will register because shes the owner or whoever's name on the house book

Yes, after 2 weeks of stay in a hotel I will come back to the same wife's house where I leaved before. So there is no need to change tm 30 at immigration in this case?

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

Yes, after 2 weeks of stay in a hotel I will come back to the same wife's house where I leaved before. So there is no need to change tm 30 at immigration in this case?

When you returned to Thailand was it on an existing visa or reentry permit then you do not need to file a TM30.

On the other have if you returned visa exempt or a new visa (eg tourist visa) then you would need to file a TM30 if planning to have interaction with immigration office. 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

When you returned to Thailand was it on an existing visa or reentry permit then you do not need to file a TM30.

On the other have if you returned visa exempt or a new visa (eg tourist visa) then you would need to file a TM30 if planning to have interaction with immigration office. 

ok so in this case the hotel do not need to do tm30 for me as well?

14 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

Hotels should do TM30 for any foreign guest.

How did you enter Thailand? 

Did you have a reentry permit. 

Also are you intending to need to attend immigration for example an extension? 

Edited by DrJack54

30 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

no need tm30

16 minutes ago, Jack1988 said:

they must do but it will not effect you.

Edited by problemfarang

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Hotels should do TM30 for any foreign guest.

How did you enter Thailand? 

Did you have a reentry permit. 

Also are you intending to need to attend immigration for example an extension? 

I will come back to thailand the end of february, I have a re-entry permit and yes I have to extend of one year as the current one is going to expire

Just now, Jack1988 said:

even if I will have to meet immigration for another 1 year extension based upon marriage? Sorry for too many questions

cases you need to re-do tm30:

change of visa type

permanent address change

you did non of them. so you can use your tm30 as long as you do one of the above. 

so in your situation your tm30 registered in your wife house already. you dont need to do anything about tm30. you are good

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That is not strictly true, you can return on a new visa to the same address without needing to file a TM30.

Also you can only return from outside the country without the the need to file TM30 if you return directly to the previous address.

The OP is not returning directly to the previous address so strictly speaking should submit TM30.

This of course would only ever become an issue if picked up at some future visit to immigration.

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Also you can only return from outside the country without the the need to file TM30 if you return directly to the previous address.

No.

3 minutes ago, sandyf said:

That is not strictly true, you can return on a new visa to the same address without needing to file a TM30.

No

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

No

You are free to think what you like but the TM30 in my passport is dated 2014 and I have had many new visas and extensions since then.

At the end of the day you are wrong to make out what you say is fact.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

At the end of the day you are wrong to make out what you say is fact

If you have an address on file (eg from 90 reports etc) there is no need to file a TM30 after trips abroad or inter province.

Regardless if you do not go straight to your home.

However if you return from abroad on a new visa or visa exempt you should file a TM30..

The laws regarding TM30 were changed few years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you have an address on file (eg from 90 reports etc) there is no need to file a TM30 after trips abroad or inter province.

Regardless if you do not go straight to your home.

However if you return from abroad on a new visa or visa exempt you should file a TM30..

The laws regarding TM30 were changed few years ago.

As I said you are free to believe what you want but should refrain from stating it as fact.

Every time we have been to immigration in the last 8 years my wife has reconfirmed the position on TM 30 and they have always been very specific that the TM30 is not required if you return directly to the previous address. As I have always done that for the past 13 years the TM30 has never been a problem, only ever done the one TM30 and that is still in my passport.

I came back in Aug this year on new E-visa and have recently done 12 month extension. In Nov 2019 I went to Vietnam and got ME Non O which 7 months later, and obviously included a border bounce, was subject to 12 months extension.

These are facts which of course you are free to dispute.

The laws are translated and the correct interpretation is in the eye of the IO concerned.

21 minutes ago, sandyf said:

The laws are translated and the correct interpretation is in the eye of the IO concerned.

I'm stating the rules.

Not what some random io or office does.

Previously a TM30 was required after returning from inter province AND travel outside of Thailand.

Guess what. I have been in Thailand for 10 years and never ever done ONE TM30.

I was dealing with CW and they were never strict on TM30.

Point is my personal experience is irrelevant. 

I'm posting the rules.

The need for TM30 for inter province and international travel was changed (think it was 2019)