Legalization at Khlong Toei MRT-No appointments

I will need to get a passport copy legalized soon, but it looks like you now need to make an online appointment to submit your documents. However, there are no available times for Khlong Toi, but there are many free times at Chaeng Wattana.

Is it no longer possible to just turn up? 

EDIT: I will be happy to leave my docs with an agent and let them deal with it if it is possible at Khlong Toei.

https://qlegal.consular.go.th/customer/create

image.png.264d8daeb7e352e12b0642930a8fccf6.png

Edited by stubuzz

@stubuzz & @HampiK

FYI.... There are 2 Consular departments at the Klong Toey office. 

One deals specifically with renewing Thai national's passports and no appointment is needed for this (walk in) service.  I think that this is what @HampiK is refereing to as he mentions "renew Thai passport for my wife". 

The other department deals with the legalization of documents which is what I believe @stubuzz needs.  That is to say either confirming that the signature of a foreign consular official on a document (e.g. copy of a passport) is authentic, or that a translation of a document from English to Thai is accurate. 

The localisation service at both Kong Toey and Chaeng Watthana used to available as a walk in service prior to 2020, but unfortunately Covid restrictions changed all that and its now an appointment only service to restrict numbers.

When I last used the localisation service at CW, a couple of years back, I sent my document and payment to them by post (EMS).  They returned them duly authenticated by EMS a couple of days later.  I'm not sure if the postal service is still available but I have found the web link (below) to the MOFA Legalization at CW....  Maybe give them a call.... Hope this helps.

https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/page/cate-6441-รับรองนิติกรณ์เอกสาร?menu=5d68c88b15e39c160c008184

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, 007 RED said:

I'm not sure if the postal service is still available but I have found the web link (below) to the MOFA Legalization at CW....  Maybe give them a call.... Hope this helps.

Thanks. I have used the postal service before, but this time i am legalizing a passport copy and do not want to send it in the post.

I am guessing all of the appointments are being taken by agents. I may give the MOFA a call and see if there are any agents in the area that i can entrust the donkey-work to. If not, i will have to go to Chaeng Watthana.

21 hours ago, Lorry said:

I run into the same problem as OP about 2 months ago.

I called MFA and was told to go to CW.

So that's what I did. Not very happy. 

Did you use an agent at CW or did you submit it and wait around all day?

34 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

Did you use an agent at CW or did you submit it and wait around all day?

I went by myself, paid for Express Service (800b instead of 400b). 

Their website says there is no Express service for legalization of translated foreign passports, but there is.

I had to wait 1.5 hrs until it was my turn.  If you choose an appointment earlier in the morning you don't have to wait so long (I chose 11.30).

Then it took 1.5 hrs from application until I got my legalization. 

I used the latter 1.5 hours to do 90days at nearby immigration (used motorcycles). 

@stubuzz.... If you look at the MoFA web link that I attached to my previous post, you will see that 'Express' service is available, at an extra cost of course.

I know that things have changed since I last went there a few years back, namely the introduction of the appointment system, but when I used the express service it was only available for customers who submitted their documents between opening time (8:30 am) and 11:30 am.  Collection would then be same day after 2:00 pm.  Anything submitted after 11:30 am would be standard service with next day collection. 

I would strongly suggest that you opt for an appointment as early as possible to ensure that you can use the express service.

FYI.... The Legalization Section is located on the 3rd floor of the MoFA Consulate building at CW.  There is a photocopying shop on the 2nd floor with reasonable prices if needed.  There is a Thai style cafe/restaurant and coffee shop on the 1st floor.

Good luck. 

@stubuzz  As I mentioned above, things may have changed since I last went to the MoFA at CW, but looking at the requirements for submitting your request for legalization one of them is that you need to complete an application form.  These are available on a desk which is in front of you when you get to the top of the stairs on the 3rd floor.  The problem being that there/was is only limited space available to complete the form and if there are several people there it can be a bit of a 'bun fight'.  So I've attached a copy (PDF) below (which hopefully is still current) so you can print out and complete at your leisure before going there.

Also, please be aware that you need to have the original certified copy of your passport, and a 'certified' translation (English to Thai) of the certified copy of your passport, plus a copy of the translation.  FYI... There is a photocopy facility available on the second floor -reasonable costs per page. (see Chapt. 25 of the instruction https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/publicservice/เอกสารที่ต้องเตรียมเพื่อขอรับบริการรับรองนิติกรณ์เอกสาร )

Important......  Be sure to take your passport with you as they will want to see that you have more than 10 working days left before your permission to stay/visa expires.  Don't ask why.

Hope this helps.

MFAlegalizationform.pdf

14 hours ago, 007 RED said:

when I used the express service it was only available for customers who submitted their documents between opening time (8:30 am) and 11:30 am. 

I had an appointment at 11.30, but actually handed over my documents at 12.30 because there queue was very slow.  No problem to get excerpts service. 

Collection would then be same day after 2:00 pm. 

Correct.

That was last November. 

• Thumbs Up 1

application form

They gave it to me when my number finally was called up. 

30 seconds to fill it out.

that you need to have the original certified copy of your passport

Correct.

I didn't have this copy translated,  I had my original passport translated:

certified' translation (English to Thai) ..... of your passport, plus a copy of the translation.

The embassy then certified (1) copy of passport and certified (2) the translation, both neatly stapled together.

• Thumbs Up 1