Wise - sending USD to France from my GBP balance

3 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

The recipient probably has a US$ account - many trading/online services are denominated in Dollars.

With WISE you can send USD, converted from your GBP to any USD account.

Edited by KannikaP

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Yes, as I posted above.

I sent a similar amount for a friend from my GBP account. The recipient had a Wise account which the system immediately picked up.

If you have a Dollar denominated account the I think the 'same currency' transfer is free. I have done that with Sterling to Sterling when someone sent me money to Wise and I moved it on to my main UK bank account.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

But it still goes  SWIFT does it not - you have no idea of the co-respondent charges are if any - that was why the 14USD guarantee box to click was useful. I cannot see how to get to that page now. Thanks all for the advice.

Problem I have when transferring with Wise is that I select amount recipient is to be credited in the currency of choice and everything is fine until I hit the transfer button and Wise fees are deducted from recipient's funds rather than being added to my charge.

How to ensure recipient receives precise amount? I know there has to be a way.

thanks folks.

On the ‘send’ page there are two boxes: ‘You send exactly’ and, below it, ‘Recipient gets’.

In the ‘Recipient gets’ box put in the amount you want them to receive. The ‘You send exactly’ amount will change with whatever amount’s been inserted in the ‘Recipient gets’ box.

• Thanks 1