Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's,90's Music (2023)

CharlieH

The sea. It's wonderful, especially in the tropics where a dip is bliss..

If I'm alone, it can make me pensive, walking along the shore line, the waves breaking as they have for eternity. And I think of my parents, grandparents, etc all gone, and how these waves will continue to turn, crash on the beach and retreat, on and on, the endless cycle sweeping our lives into the sea to be forgotten.

And then my two year and a half old grandson sees the sea at Chantaburi for the first time. He can't contain his excitement, running into the waves.

I have to hold onto him to stop him being swept away, lifting him up to avoid the stronger waves engulfing him.He loves it, trying to smash the waves with his hand, karate style. Me against the waves, he's saying, but he doesn't know their strength.

His five year old sister joins him in the waves, laughing as she splashes around. 

Later we build sandcastles, follow sand crabs. There's nothing more wonderful than the sea and a beach for a child when it's a treat.

• Like 2

I just to love running against the wind,the bigger the storm the more i enjoyed it.

I hated a strong side wind though ,i rather faced it head on.

Edited by jvs
  • Like 1