If you are listening to music - What's Playing ? (2023)

CharlieH

3 minutes ago, Plern said:

I knew that LA scene well. My wasted youth...

Unfortunately, I was a few years too young so there was no chance my parents would have ever let me go to a show.  I had to hide my all my cassettes from my mom too.  ???? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/7/2023 at 6:54 AM, steven100 said:

Did they play the bagpipes as they lowered ya down .....

My brother's mother-law's brother died whilst building Death Railway at Kanchanaburi during WW2. 

She asked me to photo his plaque and send it to her. It breaks your heart walking around war cemeteries. So many were so young. 

Here's an amazing story from WW2.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billie_D._Harris

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

This should be the Thai Expat Anthem.  🙂  Watched "Palm Springs" with Adam Sandler. It's a nod to Groundhog Day. This song plays over the credits and  is uncredited.

Man Stupid Being (S.E. Rogie)
Let me give you a little experience Of some young chickens of today I’m gonna give you a little experience Of some young chickens of today

They are full of disappointments   They are never never on time They don’t keep to an appointment They don’t hesitate to lie They will tell you this when they mean that I wish I could keep them apart But as a man, how can I? These women, necessary evil -Ah man, oh man, yes man stupid being

Their 5 PM is 10 AM Their Monday is Wednesday And when you try to chastise them They'll never come your way The only time they'll keep to an appointment Is when in desperate need

hey will tell you all sorts of lies Just to get what they need And man, being so stupid Would give them all they need Forgetting all the disappointments And all the previous lies Ah man, oh man, yeah, Man yeah, man yeah, man yeah I say man, stupid being **(Trouble Willie, play that guitar, boy, play it! And that's Lawrence on the bass guitar With Rogie, of course, on the rhythm, and vocals)**

Those who make themselves look like angels In them you find the devil The most beautiful, the most intelligent The illiterate, the ugly, and all the rest They are all one and the same thing Full of deceit and lies They are always looking for a big shot: There's the man with the cash on the spot There's the man with money or the biggest car He's the sweetest take in town

Ah man, oh man, man stupid being Man yeah, man yeah, man yeah Man yeah, man yeah, man yeah Man stupid being Well man yeah, man yeah, Man stupid being Man, me, man, man, man, man, stupid being Man, man, man, man yeah, Man, stupid being Man yeah, man yeah, man yeah, Man, stupid being Man yeah, man yeah, man yeah, Man stupid being.

Edited by Peabody

• 2 weeks later...