DATA Roaming with Thai SIM

factseeker

Hi Everyone,

I have a True-H SIM in a Smart Phone  - I need to get it recognised in UK for Internet Access.

It is set for 'Roaming'- used for a few years now - I receive Thai txts etc. wherever.

I have purchased a WEB bundle for the SIM twice - through my Account with TRUE H.

But despite that no Internet Access but the 'Bundle Credit' disappears PDQ - so it is going somewhere.

In UK I use WiFi - but for what I need to access I am informed I need to switch off WiFi and use Cellular for a short period.

I know that True-H uses Vodafone in UK - so it seems to me it should be possible - I appreciate it might be 'expensive'.

I use a Samsung A22.  Completely 'Unlocked' etc.

Anyone done this sort of thing previously?  I think I probably need to set up some technical data in the Smart ref

Best Rgds

Alternately, and probably less expensive: get an ESIM from airalo.com .... 1 week/1GB of data for US$5. Follow their instructions and you'll be online in 10 minutes or less.

I used to use the travel data package from DTAC (very similar package as True) but it's generally more expensive and also routes all my data via Thailand, which causes issues with geoblocked websites.

EDIT: Just re-read OP. It's not clear: Are you currently in the UK now, or are you in Thailand and just need to appear to be in the UK? If the later, then just get a paid VPN which lets you select which country you want to appear in.

Edited by clokwise

For my last trip to the USA I purchased the International Data Roaming Extra Pack for my True account.  I paid 1599 Baht for 30 days for 15GB. 

The speed was a little slow but it got the job done.  

Edited by sqwakvfr

I use a prepaid AIS 200฿ a month (an older promotion) for the last 3 years on iPhone, no roaming. Use Wi-Fi calling, make/receive as many calls and text to TH, without using FaceTime/iMessage, and with no limitations whenever I’m in the US. Though not sure if this can be done on android.

Edited by novacova

7 hours ago, clokwise said:

Alternately, and probably less expensive: get an ESIM from airalo.com .... 1 week/1GB of data for US$5. Follow their instructions and you'll be online in 10 minutes or less.

I used to use the travel data package from DTAC (very similar package as True) but it's generally more expensive and also routes all my data via Thailand, which causes issues with geoblocked websites.

EDIT: Just re-read OP. It's not clear: Are you currently in the UK now, or are you in Thailand and just need to appear to be in the UK? If the later, then just get a paid VPN which lets you select which country you want to appear in.

Hi,

Spent yesterday getting up to speed on eSIM - great idea - only problem appears to be that although purchased from new maybe only 2 months ago - True-H say my Samsung A22 is not suitable for eSIM - message on their site when loggedIn.

Not at all happpy with that - researching further.

Bst Rgds & thnxs

7 hours ago, factseeker said:

... although purchased from new maybe only 2 months ago - True-H say my Samsung A22 is not suitable for eSIM ...

It's not; it's likely a dual physical SIM model given you bought it in Thailand.