Obraining a funds deposit certificate at CW Bangkok Bank

I'm currently living with my wife on the Non-O visa and will be applying for my first 1-year extension based on marriage next Thursday at the CW immigration.

I'm aware that I need to submit a funds deposit certificate as part of the application. I have 400k Baht deposited in the Bangkok Bank for the past two months, so my funds is already seasoned.

I'd like to ask if it's advisable that I go to the Bangkok Bank at CW on the same day of appointment with immigration (next Thursday) to obtain this funds deposit certificate, or will the bank need more time to issue said document?

Thank you!

Employees of Bangkok Bank at CW know the the immigration drill.   They can get your passbook update and bank letter completed quickly depending on number of customers.  Should take less than ten minutes once they call your number.

If you've got a fixed deposit account, they can do a "balance forward" passbook update, printing current balance in the passbook, without the need for any activity.  No small transaction required like some other banks.

If the CW branch has server problems (last year fire in the server room), you can get the certificate at the nearby Laksi station branch.

IO at CW told me bank letters were good for up to one week.  That was for a retirement extension, don't know if that also applies to marriage extensions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EdwardM said:

I'd like to ask if it's advisable that I go to the Bangkok Bank at CW on the same day of appointment with immigration (next Thursday) to obtain this funds deposit certificate, or will the bank need more time to issue said document?

Easily done same day as application for extension. 

Suggest you attend bank and ask bank staff to make 100baht deposit along with provide bank letter also 100baht.

Kindly ask clerk to photocopy this last page of bankbook and you can add that to the other pages that you have photocopied.

53 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

If you've got a fixed deposit account, they can do a "balance forward" passbook update, printing current balance in the passbook, without the need for any activity.  No small transaction required like some other banks.

Given extension is based on marriage doubtful the OP would be using FD account as funds only need to be in account for 2 months prior + under consideration period.

Some immigration officers like to see "activity" in the account on day of application for extension. 

Given the plan is to obtain bank letter on the day of application seems simple to make a deposit into account. 

The same clerk will do that. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1