Koh Phangan: "20,000" on holiday island for first Full Moon Party of 2023 - they spend 100MB

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Caption: Full Moon Party

Daily News reported from the holiday island of Koh Phangan in southern Thailand's Surat Thani province where the first Full Moon Party of the year happened last night.

In attendance at Had Rin beach were the deputy governor Chusak Rooying, the chief of the Surat provincial police Pol Maj-Gen Saranya Chamnanrach, Phangan district chief Wichan Junthawijit and the island's police chief Pol Col Panya Niratimanon.

Plus lots of tourist and immigration police and DOPA officials. 

The early evening boogeying on the beach was cut short for a while when a squall blew in with rain.

The tourists scurried off the beach to the cover of restaurants.

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

But they reemerged later to make it a fun night.

More were expected to party through the night to see not just the Full Moon but the rising of the sun come daybreak.

Chusak said that post-pandemic  tourism was picking up on all three southern islands - Koh Samui, Koh Tao and Phangnan.

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

But traders on Phangan had told him there were more people than they expected. And there would be more still if there were more flights. 

Chusak reckoned that the Full Moon Party had attracted 20,000 tourists who would spend 5,000 baht each bringing in 100 million baht to the local economy. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-01-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 2

[quote]

But traders on Phangan had told him there were more people than they expected. And there would be more still if there were more flights. 

[/quote]

I must pop down to Koh Phangan airport to see all these arrivals ????

56 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Waaw these people have spend 5000 THB each for a full moon party.. What did they drink and eat???

2 week millionaires.     and some actually are actual millionaires in USD.

I get it, when you are in Thailand for a long time as an expat, 5000 seems like A LOT!!!!!!!!!!!!   lol

In 1998, I took a client out for dinner in Chicago.   10,000 baht.  Next week, NYC, 12,000 baht for two.   Keep it in baht so we can all follow.

In 2001, spending 2 million on a speculative investment.

bro, the world has money!!!!!!    

OK, back to my 20 baht noodle soup!!!!!

47 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

How do they know that they spent 100m baht? Did every street vendor declare every sale or was this figure a Thai "finger in the air" number 

41 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Likely bank reports of foreign exchange data.

Gathered from the previous day.........I think not

From the article - 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Chusak reckoned that the Full Moon Party had attracted 20,000 tourists who would spend 5,000 baht each

The important word probably is "reckoned"........

• Like 2

6 hours ago, simon43 said:

[quote]

[/quote]

I must pop down to Koh Phangan airport to see all these arrivals ????

Send me a postcard with your verdict, I'll not bother going.

21 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Send me a postcard with your verdict, I'll not bother going.

We don’t have an airport  it was debunked years ago as for the figures it’s all BS and during the FM party the electricity kept blowing every hour or so yesterday I had no electric for nearly 4 hours I live in Baan Tai maybe they have included Christmas and New Year in that 100 BM as it certainly wasn’t made from the FM which ended in the early hours of Saturday yet 24 hours they come up with this Magic Figure I know for a fact that most of the bars shut up shop by 11.30 as there were very few customers as they had all headed to all the different parties that were going on 

18 hours ago, crazykopite said:

We don’t have an airport  it was debunked years ago as for the figures it’s all BS and during the FM party the electricity kept blowing every hour or so yesterday I had no electric for nearly 4 hours I live in Baan Tai maybe they have included Christmas and New Year in that 100 BM as it certainly wasn’t made from the FM which ended in the early hours of Saturday yet 24 hours they come up with this Magic Figure I know for a fact that most of the bars shut up shop by 11.30 as there were very few customers as they had all headed to all the different parties that were going on 

And that's the truth.. thanks.