540 drivers have driving license points deducted on 1st day of new system

webfact

24 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

the non-respect for the red light and the right of way are (among) the common violations, if you ask me

Plus the automatic entry on to a dual carriageway in the outside lane and staying there indefinitely, causing many other vehicles the need to "undertake"

• Like 1

What a joke. I could stand in front of my condo after breakfast and spot more than 540 violations by the end of the day. Non compliance to road rules here is the norm. Just another layer of RTP BS to watch being abused by the brown shirts for their personal gain. 

• Like 2

What about those holders of International Driving License? Do they get point deduction like Thais or...do they get DOUBLE points deduction for every mistake that could cost 1 pts for Thai?

I'm confused here as how this work, considering the infamous DOUBLE-STANDARD is mostly applied to foreigners in Thailand.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

police have been ordered to enforce the system strictly, to promote discipline among motorists and motorcyclists and to reduce road accidents, loss of life and damage to property.

Fancy being ORDERED to do your job!  Especially in the saving of lives!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, arfandy said:

What about those holders of International Driving License? Do they get point deduction like Thais or...do they get DOUBLE points deduction for every mistake that could cost 1 pts for Thai?

I'm confused here as how this work, considering the infamous DOUBLE-STANDARD is mostly applied to foreigners in Thailand.

You obviously do not know what an International Driving PERMIT is.

• Like 1

Just read this in a UK newspaper - this is what should happen here (and worldwide)

****** was said to have no regular income from acting and to be receiving universal credit. She said that she needed her car to take her son to school every day. However, the magistrates banned her from driving for 20 months and fined her £120 with £85 costs and a victim surcharge of £48. She agreed to undertake a drink-driving awareness course that would reduce her driving ban by 20 weeks.

• Like 1