Bangkok governor gets action to clear up massive fly tip - dispute with SRT over responsibility

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na reported that Bangkok's governor Chadchart Sittipunt and a deputy made a visit to the local road at Kamphaengphet 6 after reports of a huge fly tip there.

Chadchart's visit prompted the Don Muang district office into a two day clear up operation with a backhoe.

But there is a dispute over who should have done the clean-up.

The district office say the land is the responsibility of the State Railway authority or SRT.

This needs to be sorted out to find a long term solution to the problem of people dumping trash on the land. 

The media said that people wanting to report such activity could use "Traffy Fondue". 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-01-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Screaming said:

More evidence that Thailand is a third or maybe forth World country pretending to be civilized. All the lipstick in the world will not hide the fact that Thailand is still a pig.

h0os27aor5i51.jpg

Good luck that that problem only exists in Thailand and not i.e. in so called first world nations. Or maybe not?

2952.jpg?width=1200&quality=85&auto=form

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/feb/08/seal-beach-california-trash-litter

Educate the kids in school to instill that everything they drop ends up somewhere...

and others who rubbish tip are morons..

maybe they will change the future... the adults on this planet are mostly oblivious to the problems of waste management.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

The high tide mark after a tropical storm passes through is never a good indicator of a nation's marine pollution. Attention grabbing maybe but that's about it.

I sea kayak to most of the islands around Phuket and quite a few along the southern coast south of Krabi.  Oft times the beaches are well sprinkled with trash, sometimes not.  I have been fooled though with what looked like a pristine beach as I went back into the tree line to look for a hammock spot.  Like camping in a landfill.  

16 hours ago, xeniv23 said:

I sea kayak to most of the islands around Phuket and quite a few along the southern coast south of Krabi.  Oft times the beaches are well sprinkled with trash, sometimes not.  I have been fooled though with what looked like a pristine beach as I went back into the tree line to look for a hammock spot.  Like camping in a landfill.  

I probably sail over 30,000 km globally each year. This trash is pervasive even in the remotest of oceans. It's truly awful.

876_n.jpg.cbdb7772700fab88aab1ebda25d525fc.jpg

⚠️ Shocking amount of globally lost fishing gear revealed ⚠️

2% of commercial fishing gear, which includes 25 million pots and traps and 14 billion hooks ????, ends up in our #ocean each and every year, according to a new and most comprehensive study ever completed of lost fishing equipment.

☝️ A few percent of that washes up on beaches and can be disposed of, and some are recovered by ghost net recovery organizations across the world, including our amazing teams. But the vast majority stay in the ocean,???? doing what they were designed to do - to catch and kill marine wildlife for years❗️

It’s time to take a stand and say no❗️
You can do so by ????

???? not supporting the fishing industry and avoiding so-called “seafood” products.

???? helping us continue our fight for the ocean by donating today - https://seashe.ph/donate

#ghostgear #pollution #marineconservation #savetheocean #seashepherd

https://web.facebook.com/Ghostnetwork.PT/?_rdc=1&_rdr

I admit one has to start somewhere so I like this:

16 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Educate the kids in school to instill that everything they drop ends up somewhere...

Edited by NanLaew
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Good luck that that problem only exists in Thailand and not i.e. in so called first world nations. Or maybe not?

2952.jpg?width=1200&quality=85&auto=form

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/feb/08/seal-beach-california-trash-litter

Shopping carts, traffic cones and Styrofoam among the piles of debris that littered Seal Beach after a trio of winter storms

Unfortunately, it's floating out there in the sea all the time.