Report same address again when doing 30 day extrension of visa exempt?

Jomtien immigration is asking to report same address again when wanting to do a 30 day extension of visa exempt. Is this a new thing? pre-COVID you didn't have to report the same address each time you flew back in.

45 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

pre-COVID you didn't have to report the same address each time you flew back in.

Unless you fly into Thailand with a reentry permit or same visa (eg ME non O etc) then you are required to file a TM30.

Obviously unless you have to deal with immigration many just ignore the TM30.

You mention obtaining an extension to visa exempt entry.

That will require a TM30. 

53 minutes ago, Caldera said:

As you're extending a new visa exempt entry, you do need to submit a new TM30 report.

Those returning from abroad with a re-entry permit, on the other hand, don't need to report the same address again. 

I never had to do that pre-COVID with a METV tourist visa. Is this rule only for visa exempt entries?

6 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I never had to do that pre-COVID with a METV tourist visa. Is this rule only for visa exempt entries?

This is what I posted above...

"Unless you fly into Thailand with a reentry permit or same visa (eg ME non O etc) then you are required to file a TM30." 

An METV would come under reenter with same visa. No TM30 required. 

A visa exempt or tourist visa etc would require a new TM30. 

It seems to depend on the Immigration Office.. At the Ratchaburi office, I was told  that we have your addres now, next time you come back to Thailand no need to do again. just keep the receipt.. Guess if I have a new passport, a new TM30 would be needed.