Tourist eVisa requirements

I've searched around a bit and haven't seen a thread or posting explaining some of the questions that come up when applying for a 60 Day STV on the eVisa https://thaievisa.go.th/signin website.  I am a USA citizen and over 50 years of age. (please send a link if there is a good and thorough one)

For instance. Is a return air ticket required? ( I have a one way ticket because I plan to change to a retirement visa in the first couple weeks)

I do not want to use Visa on entry because a return ticket is required and I want to take my time.  60 days + 30 day extension to to get the retirement visa in case there are any issues etc.

There are some confusing document requirements: ( I realize some can be fulfilled with a jpeg of a picture saying N/A or not applicable)

But I don't want to fuss about and get one without any delay.

Here are some of the issues I see:

4 . Travel booking confirmation (what do they want? another copy of the air reservation?)

It's unclear what this is for.. because there is already a document requested item #8

8 . A copy of flight confirmation/reservation

6 . Financial evidence, e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter

why this? can I just upload a picture stating N/A not applicable? Or do they actually want a bank statement?

If I have missed some kind of comprehensive guide then please include a link. If there isn't one, might I suggest some of the forum gurus pin one to the top. thanks again!!

Edited by likerdup1

Seems that a visit to the Thai Embassy Website Washington DC did the trick. Here is the info:

Attached is a screenshot which answered my questions.. I'll make a good guess where I need to upload the required paperwork.. Hopefully this post will help anyone else who is looking to get a 60 day STV on the eVisa site. Now what I'll do is post later if I was successful.

Screenshot_2023-01-10 » Visa procedures for Non-Thai nationals wishing to obtain Tourist visa (Single Entry).png

Edited by likerdup1

Be sure you fill in ALL fields, red starred, a must. 

Requirement of funds, even had to show money from half year ago.

My bank account shouldnt be less then the wanted amount for a half year. Succeeded showing it for them.

I have tried to find explanation of what they wanted, didnt find.

So filled in as complete as possible. I was going for a METV.

The pages of passport, took pics of them and glued them all together in one jpg file, done in Irfan view. First I was making a jpg with just txt "didnt travel past 2 years", but bet they wouldnt accept that.

My passport photo digitally taken by photographer to specifications of Thailand. He had that in his working program of the computer.

Photo of myself holding passport on first page to their demands.

But demands arent really given, so also took care of how lighting, reflections were on pic. All was a crime.

Be sure also your name, which it will read from your passport shows up in txt and is right. Take care with autofill in the program as it also changes your name. Happend to me, didnt notice and a rejection first time due to that.

As you do a tourist visa, I think you cant ignore return ticket.

Maybe you can put in there a jpg with txt, you will change to different visa in Thailand. That would be up to you, cant say if the accept.

You have other requirements in the visa's. For retirement visa you already need 800 kbaht in  a Thai bank for 2 months PRIOR to your retirement application. Healthcare insurance?

You better could have checked that first, what you need for retirement visa. Or by any miracle you already have a bank account in Thailand with that amount?

4 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

<snip>

The pages of passport, took pics of them and glued them all together in one jpg file, done in Irfan view. First I was making a jpg with just txt "didnt travel past 2 years", but bet they wouldnt accept that.

<snip>

That's what i did and they accepted it - I made a PDF containing the following:

FAO Royal Thai Embassy, London.

Please note that I, <full name>, Passport No <number> has undertaken NO international travel in the last 12 months.

My signature here

Dated 4th January 2023

I have my Tourist Visa ????

44 minutes ago, VBF said:

That's what i did and they accepted it - I made a PDF containing the following:

FAO Royal Thai Embassy, London.

Please note that I, <full name>, Passport No <number> has undertaken NO international travel in the last 12 months.

My signature here

Dated 4th January 2023

I have my Tourist Visa ????

Ok, good to hear. However i didnt want it to be rejected on such a thing

Though i complained that autofill changed my name and it shouldnt happen in that specific box, I was rejected and lost my money.

Autofill changed my full name red by system to just first letter of my name and wasnt accepted.

I had not expected autofill would do this by using it for my address.

My bad, I should have checked that page again from tops

• Like 1

I am currently struggling with my first ever E-Visa application for a Tourist Visa via London Embassy.

Trying to upload a double-sided document, I scanned and saved it as two separate digital pages. Uploaded Page 1 then tried to add Page 2 but cannot. Then realised that Page 1 is in excess of the 3 Meg maximum permitted. But now I cannot delete it from the application.

Q1.      How do I delete a file that has been entered on the app>

Q2.     How do I upload a second page?

Q2.     Presumably multiple pages must not exceed the 3 Meg max in total

I have got as far as uploading proof of earnings and will use a statement from my pension provider. certainly not a bank statement especially in view of being obliged to sign a Declaration that permits 'them' to us personal data anyway they see fit with no repurcussion.!

Help please!

1 hour ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

I am currently struggling with my first ever E-Visa application for a Tourist Visa via London Embassy.

Trying to upload a double-sided document, I scanned and saved it as two separate digital pages. Uploaded Page 1 then tried to add Page 2 but cannot. Then realised that Page 1 is in excess of the 3 Meg maximum permitted. But now I cannot delete it from the application.

I have got as far as uploading proof of earnings and will use a statement from my pension provider. certainly not a bank statement especially in view of being obliged to sign a Declaration that permits 'them' to us personal data anyway they see fit with no repurcussion.!

Help please!

That website is appallingly put together...I used to work in IT and had trouble with the bloody thing!

Q1 You don't...you upload a new page and it replaces the old one

Q2 You don't...you need to do some nifty editing to get your content onto one page

Q2 Yup! 

That declaration is pathetic but if you read it carefully you haven't actually given them anything pertaining to "race, political activities, .criminal record, and health record...."

However, I did use a bank statement but just OBFUSCATED it by removing A/C number and Sort Code - accepted.

Trust me, I've been to Immigration in Jomtien and been given sheets of paper containing someone else's data. Anyone would think it's a primitive country!

I actually created this thread before i did mine, so you're not the only confused one!

Good Luck!

Edited by VBF

Bit off topic but read so many posts requesting advice for tv eVisa for Thailand.

By way of contrast being Oz I just in last few days did eVisa for 30 day single entry TV to Vietnam..

Was bit worried as I'm not the most savy IT chap.

Basic info along with  upload of info page passport and a self photo of a pp style photo .

That was it. No copy of flights etc. 

Nothing.

Approval in 3 working days and just now completed flight booking with confidence.

WHY is eVisa for a simple TV to Thailand so difficult. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Help please!

You cant put multiple files in the application, just 1 and indeed it can not exceed 3 mb.

I used Irfan view, a free jpg (and more) program. Love that program, as it is small and fast to use.

You can put multiple pics in one file then and resize to the limit of 3 mb.

I photographed all my pages of passport (phone) put in on computer and in irfan view put all together. Then did the resize. 

So got about 10 photo's in 1 jpg file, staying in limit of 3 mb by resizing and was good to see for recipient, i checked. and it was also approved, as i have my METV visa. Already even did my ever first border run.

Indeed old file will be deleted, when putting in a new one.

• Thumbs Up 1

So my son is coming for an internship. He will apply for the ED visa which is 3 months, but the internship is 6 months

I understand he needs to show a return ticket, but on which date, after 3 months or after 6 months?

Is there a company that shows reservations but not bookings?

I know I can buy a cheap budget airline ticket to wherever......

My thanks to the members (above) who answered my queries and for the tips.

To submit truthful information would require me to submit multiple documents which, I opine, would be such poor quality after resizing to achieve the 3 meg limit as to be illegible. I will ditch the TV application.

My flight arrives early March and I will go for a Visa Exempt entry for 45 days and apply at my local Immigration for an extension to cover my intended return on 28 April 23. Cheaper too! 

3 hours ago, jumbo said:

So my son is coming for an internship. He will apply for the ED visa which is 3 months, but the internship is 6 months

I understand he needs to show a return ticket, but on which date, after 3 months or after 6 months?

Is there a company that shows reservations but not bookings?

I know I can buy a cheap budget airline ticket to wherever......

Suggest you start a new thread - this one is about Tourist Visas and may not be looked at by those in the know about ED visas - they're above my pay grade ????

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

My thanks to the members (above) who answered my queries and for the tips.

To submit truthful information would require me to submit multiple documents which, I opine, would be such poor quality after resizing to achieve the 3 meg limit as to be illegible. I will ditch the TV application.

My flight arrives early March and I will go for a Visa Exempt entry for 45 days and apply at my local Immigration for an extension to cover my intended return on 28 April 23. Cheaper too! 

I had that same thought, and clearly it's up to you but I stuck at it.

Another way of submitting multiple JPEGs is to create a Word doc, copy/paste your JPEGs into it, then resize them within Word, save it as a PDF and submit the PDF - that's what I do - just a thought.

Also in UK, the e - SETV is a flat £30. In Jomtien for example, an extension is 1900 Baht, presently approx £47.50, and you need to do several photocopies, get to Immigration, queue up for an unknown time - just a boring hassle.

Basically i stuck at the online application to save a small amount of money but PRIMARILY to save a waste of time when I'm in Thailand - I can now just relax.

As I said, your call - good luck whatever you decide.

Edited by VBF
  • Thumbs Up 1