Jomtien, Is there a Online appointment for retirement extension?

Been doing extension it seems forever, I read end of last year Jomtien Immigration had long lines one report guy was there at 7 am and still there were 50 ahead of him yet once he got in it was fairly quick.

I heard there was an online appointment system? 

My extension is due soon end of next week the earliest I just happen to be in the area today at 11am, and outside area was packed with people waiting to get in. Packed but not to the street but lots compared to what I'm used. 

Yearly, I don't use agents each year I just wake up go down by 7am, I'm usually first or top five to get in and first or second to the extension by the 8:45 am I'm out the door.  But I sense this year for whatever reason it's going to be different? 

If there is an Online appointment system I will give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

There was last year but didn't seem to mean anything, appointment was 1030, hit the BKK bank and was there shortly after 10, they were not interested in my appointment slip, still once I saw IO and checked my docs in order was out before they closed for lunch..

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn’t go really early. Everyone does and that is why it’s so busy. I’ve been going at around 10:30 or 2 pm and the lines are very small as most have finished. In any case I’m sure this year will be a challenge. Time will tell. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, jcmj said:

I wouldn’t go really early. Everyone does and that is why it’s so busy. I’ve been going at around 10:30 or 2 pm and the lines are very small as most have finished. In any case I’m sure this year will be a challenge. Time will tell. 

When was the last time you made a visit? Is your experience recent? Last year around this time it was like that.. but what about now and tourism in full swing?

2 hours ago, jcmj said:

I go early for over ten years as noted usually top five once in 5 minutes I'm out that includes last year. It isn't s problem price I pay for being inpatient. 

Also noted, yesterday I went by 11 am it was packed line close to street. 

16 hours ago, yankyoakum said:

There was last year but didn't seem to mean anything, appointment was 1030, hit the BKK bank and was there shortly after 10, they were not interested in my appointment slip, still once I saw IO and checked my docs in order was out before they closed for lunch..

A couple of m9nths ago an agent went straight in with her customer waving an appointment slip, presumably 

• 2 weeks later...

JOMTIEN ONLY!

I thought I share my experience!  I wasn't able to find a way to make an online appointment for my Retirement Extension so as I noted earlier for personal reason I decided to do what I've done for over 10 years and get there early this time due to the reports of packed crowds daily even earlier that I normally at 7am for the doors to open at 8:30 AM.

I arrived on Friday 20th, at 6:03 AM, the parking lot was pitch black, the parking gate was shut but not locked. Regardless I slipped it open a bite and walk in and sat in the dark. After about 20 minutes I had second thoughts didn't want any confrontation or to scare anyone I decided to walked back out and stand at the opening of the gate to be first. A few minutes later another couple came as it got lighter another came that is when I said O.K. walk back in this time top of the ramp to the glass door I was the first.

As many know facing the building there is a area to the right for 90 days, further up front to the right is a larger seating area with a monitor in the front. I've not read anything as to the purpose of this area?

By 7AM, there were about 15 behind leading down the ramp to the bottom, by 8AM the line had snaked around 4 rows leading out into the Soi, the area mentions near the monitor people were now standing around. Excuse the description nothing personal to their lifestyle but a younger LB kid comes out all hyper setting up the monitor while doing so he is being pester with questions? he gets a bit rude and impatience telling them " take a seat and wait for your Q I'm busy meantime he walks quickly in and out of the building.  By now it is around 8:20am crowd growing all of a sudden a girl in the back calls out in a loud speaker " Retirement Visa come here to the tent area "  now this is a first for me I've been here since 6AM first in line. Now the LB is handling what looks to be Q numbers to those in the tent area, then he leads them inside which was around 15, I try to gain his attention to ask what is going on he just wave me off telling me to wait. By now I'm thinking <deleted> when I do get let inside what are they going to tell me go back outside? 

The guy behind me explain that area are for those who came yesterday but didn't get called due to closing time to return back tomorrow to this area and exchange for update numbers? I'm thinking to myself girl calls out " Extensions " how many were those given new Q going to be in front of me doing my yearly extension?

Finally, door opens present my papers given number A8002, I walk over to window 8, there is one guy in front of me I assumed he was from the tent area didn't noticed him. Stupid me I should have asked if I did I would know the answer now!  By 8:45AM, I was called, the kid recognized me from years pass I give him his due Wai ran through my papers again all in ordered 10 minutes passed paid given a number to pick up Monday 23rd at 2pm.  For general, last year NO, but this year I was given a paper with the list of items I would need to return on the stamped date April 19th, verify bank book 800 K balance.

I decided today to go at 1pm, like always the doors weren't open yet but the parking lot was packed the tent area packed I walked up to the front waiting to show my pick up passport number. Meantime the LB is running around rudely taking people stuff, the guard in his vest marked volunteer is yelling and telling people to get back and wait. Those trying to open the door from outside got a tongue full. I slowly made my way up to the door waited for it to open and show him my number in I went. There was no one inside but me it seems I walked over to counter 8, it seems everyone was still at lunch then the kid from yesterday saw me and got my passport. I get my TM8 in ordered all filled out with the necessary docks ahead as soon as I got my passport with my extension had it xerox sign attached to my package to the front counter get a number. No way even without the crowds going outside and get in line again. LB, who was running around moments earlier now manning the counter ran through my papers handed me a number 2A027, walked over and sat down near window 2, within a minute my number was called the guy this year new had the face and attitude he hated the job or foreigners. I gave him his due Wai, and handed him my docs he ran through the docs grab my 1000 baht, wrote on my Q slip 40 mins.

No where to go and hot outside I took a seat I waited yesterday 2.5 hours what is another 40 minutes after 5 minutes another guy waved at me to come over ask for my Q and handed me my passport told me I was done.

What I noticed this year many of the regular assigned officials are gone, the first being the gay guy with the hairpiece at the service counter, the lady and guy who manned the 90 day two windows, at Window two lady is gone replaced with young guy who seem to hate the world.

I read a report that the tent area mention earlier where the girl made an announcement is a new procedure where you Q up for your extension like one does for their 90 days you no longer have to wait in line that snakes and wrap around towards the ramp door. Couldn't confirm!  The LB just kept saying wait and the girl who made the announcement couldn't understand what she was saying. So if someone actually knows it would be of great help for those hereafter because for whatever reason the huge crowds don't seem to be for Extensions or Re-Entry stamps? 

Another year!  ????

9 hours ago, thailand49 said:

What I noticed this year many of the regular assigned officials are gone, the first being the gay guy with the hairpiece at the service counter

The gaykeeper at the front died apparently.

The outside area on the right seems to be an overflow waiting area, plus some people from night before who were rudely sent home.

They need different queues for different desks, stupid a year retirement extension person queues with many tourist extension people.

A couple weeks ago i noticed their rudeness go to new levels with people, maybe due to them being overworked and stressed. Some treat farang worse than dogs

Edited by scubascuba3

The Pattaya City Expat has posted the following on their website:

We received the following report on January 18, 2023 about a new system at Chonburi Immigration Office on Jomtien Soi 5:

Today I noted a NEW system being used by Jomtien immigration vis-a-vis annual extension based on Retirement.

There is an area (with chairs) opposite the nominal serpentine line and adjacent to the 90 Day report area ….which is now being used for Retirement extensions.  There are small “Retirement” signs - but they are not informative. 

I was in the normal line ….when at about 08:10 a staffer start calling for “Retirement” visa folks.  I went over and she indicated I should sit - if seeking annual Retirement extension.  Several minutes later I was handed a queue ticket for Desk #8.  A tv monitor shows number being served  - you only go on the building when your number is called.

Except for the confusion about a totally new system - the system seems an improvement.  A big advantage = chairs while you wait!

Edited by soisanuk

33 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

The Pattaya City Expat has posted the following on their website:

Yes this is what I saw but although published by Pattaya City Expat it is an account by one poster writing their experience same as what I did.

It can't be confirmed by Immigration officials.

On 1/24/2023 at 5:44 AM, scubascuba3 said:

The gaykeeper at the front died apparently.

The outside area on the right seems to be an overflow waiting area, plus some people from night before who were rudely sent home.

They need different queues for different desks, stupid a year retirement extension person queues with many tourist extension people.

A couple weeks ago i noticed their rudeness go to new levels with people, maybe due to them being overworked and stressed. Some treat farang worse than dogs

I agree,  the two I mentioned run and act if they run the place this happens only with the endorsement from the top. 

I can understand the frustration of dealing with so many different nationalilities but this is their national slogan " Land of Smiles " 

Practice what you preach I would be ashame as a nation to allow subordinate to run around like animals themselves. 

As you noted they have outgrown this facility and should look to move it to a larger area like south of Sukhumvit opposite Makro, facility should be ten times the current size with parking. The building should segregate the needs and volume and not mix everyone together in one line.  

Q distribution machines outside each departments  like you have at banks larger waiting seating areas until your Q Is called.  

There was a report made by what I assume was a member experience of the Pattaya City Expat club giving that experience as if it is an official change by Jomtien immigration?