Display driver problem

Celsius

I bought a new Asus laptop about 6 months ago. About a week ago every time there is a windows update the laptop reverts default intel driver instead of using the native Radeon driver. I have to reinstall the driver every single time, which is sometimes twice a day.

I followed some guides online where it explains how to disable driver updates with windows updates, but it did not work.

Any suggestions besides to buy a Mac? I tried it several times and I just don't like the feel of their keyboards and it would be difficult for me to get used to Mac OS. I tried. I have been computing on Commodore, Atari, Amiga, Amstrad, ZX Spectrum and PC for the last 30 years. I just don't like MAC OS! This last paragraph is for the mac fanboys because they are everywhere. 

3 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Radeon 

What is the visual difference between the two drivers?

Go into Device Manager in Control Panel and make sure which Display Adapter is showing.

Edited by KannikaP

Just now, Celsius said:

Radeon 

I am guessing that you are running the Home version and not Pro. 
If Pro, use Group Policy to block Driver updates. If Home, use the Registry. 

But the easier way should be to roll back the Driver and then to discover and Hide the update. 
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/8280-hide-show-windows-updates-windows-10-a.html

If 11; https://pureinfotech.com/show-hide-updates-windows-11/

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Henk Langeweg said:

A driver update program updated my Acer monitor driver. After that several buttons didn't work anymore, like the hardware brightness, volume etc buttons.

Installed a generic driver, everything ok now.

Useful?

Hopefully useful in letting you know to not install useless Driver Updater programs. 

• Like 1