Approaching Extension Expiration

Non-O with second retirement extension expires 27 January. Switching to marriage extension because I lack the 800k. Went to CW on 3 January and was told that my original marriage certificates needed to be authenticated at US Embassy in BKK. Earliest appointment is 3 days after expiration. Appointment next day at CW for translation. Si Racha imm. would not give me a 30 day extension in order to prepare documents. Could I be arrested at CW? Could I do the extension there even though we live in Chonburi? BTW, my account at BKK went below 400K in July, a few days before I went back to US and returned to the Kingdom with a re-entry permit 31 October. 90 day report due between January 14 and 3 February (overstay). Will they require bank book at 90 day in person or on line; first report since returning. Will Immigration ask me to depart as my account has more than enough for marriage extension, but went no-compliant on the current one. Funds were withdrawn due to a family situation. Thanks for reading my story; should I simply leave and go to US?

18 minutes ago, Grandpaneal said:

. Will they require bank book at 90 day in person or on line; first report since returning. Will Immigration ask me to depart as my account has more than enough for marriage extension, but went no-compliant on the current one.

Bank account is not required for 90 day reporting.

Currently you are not compliant with the financials for your extension based on retirement.

Marriage has nothing to do with current situation.

When you go for your next extension be that marriage or retirement they will still check back over previous 12 months. 

I was going to suggest that you obtain a ME Non O one year visa from Savannakhet but you seem to have run out of time to organize marriage docs.

Hopefully one of the married guys can offer some ideas.

Seriously ! Your extension expires in 15 days. Just didn't see it coming?

Go see an agent. They can cover the financials. 

Since your current permission of stay is out of order the agent may suggest you exit and reenter Thailand on a visa exempt (land border) and start over. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Currently you are not compliant with the financials for your extension based on retirement.

When you go for your next extension be that marriage or retirement they will still check back over previous 12 months. 

I was going to suggest that you obtain a ME Non O one year visa from Savannakhet but you seem to have run out of time to organize marriage docs.

Since your current permission of stay is out of order the agent may suggest you exit and reenter Thailand on a visa exempt (land border) and start over. 

Thanks sir!

14 hours ago, Grandpaneal said:

Thanks sir!

Dr. Jack,

A follow up question. Based upon your knowledge, if my appointments at Embassy, what could be my fate at CW 4 days into overstay? A fine of 500 THB per day, arrest or immediate deportation? I look forward to your response!

36 minutes ago, Grandpaneal said:

Dr. Jack,

A follow up question. Based upon your knowledge, if my appointments at Embassy, what could be my fate at CW 4 days into overstay? A fine of 500 THB per day, arrest or immediate deportation? I look forward to your response!

With a 4 day overstay they almost certainly fine you 4x500= 2000 baht and process your extension. 

Hopefully @ubonjoe can confirm 

Edited by DrJack54

I found marriage visas to be a pain in the proverbial a s s because of the documents and photo's needed. If you do change to a marriage visa just make sure you are fully aware of each document needed in order to make your application process smooth and seemless. 

I ended up changing to a retirement visa as it was easier and the process  finished on the same day. 

Just now, Aussieroaming said:

I found marriage visas to be a pain in the proverbial a s s because of the documents and photo's needed. If you do change to a marriage visa just make sure you are fully aware of each document needed in order to make your application process smooth and seemless. 

I ended up changing to a retirement visa as it was easier and the process  finished on the same day. 

I tend to agree, but I did my Retirement Extension yesterday but I also prepared the Docs for Marriage extension as well.

The only Difference (additional docs) were and I list them here

1. Kr2 (Obtained from the Amphur they day before (costs 20 THB))
  2. 4 pictures of us together. Done with my Phone and printed by the local Photo shop for 60 THB (2 sets of 4 pictures each)

I don't mention Wife's ID card or Tabien Baan because Immigration also wanted them yesterday as she is the owner of the house where we are living.

Oke then you may ask, why did you change then if it is so easy, SIMPLE ANSWER, I absolutely hated the 30 (up to 45 days once) under consideration period.

Marriage extension has some perks as well, less money (400k THB) to keep in a account and the ability to get a work permit.

45 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I tend to agree, but I did my Retirement Extension yesterday but I also prepared the Docs for Marriage extension as well.

The only Difference (additional docs) were and I list them here

1. Kr2 (Obtained from the Amphur they day before (costs 20 THB))
  2. 4 pictures of us together. Done with my Phone and printed by the local Photo shop for 60 THB (2 sets of 4 pictures each)

I don't mention Wife's ID card or Tabien Baan because Immigration also wanted them yesterday as she is the owner of the house where we are living.

Oke then you may ask, why did you change then if it is so easy, SIMPLE ANSWER, I absolutely hated the 30 (up to 45 days once) under consideration period.

Marriage extension has some perks as well, less money (400k THB) to keep in an account and the ability to get a work permit.

Feedback greatly appreciated! Other issues are overstay and lack of financial compliance for current extension. 

20 minutes ago, Grandpaneal said:

Feedback greatly appreciated! Other issues are overstay and lack of financial compliance for current extension. 

Yep according to your situation, but I responded to someone else thus that is why I was not responding to your specific subjects. :thumbsup:

Edit: Overstay is never a Good idea, I am living in Thailand now for over 12+ years and I only had one day overstay. (Visa Run company got the date wrong (no consequences back then) and they paid for everything.

Edited by MJCM

On 1/12/2023 at 4:56 PM, DrJack54 said:

Dr. Jack,

My stepson’s friend had someone call my wife on my behalf. He told her that for 20k THB my noncompliance will vanish and I will get a new extension based on retirement. I believe he is an agent.

is this legal? My Thai wife believes this more corruption for her country. We would deal with Jomtien instead of Sri Racha. I see many agents advertising In Pattaya so I suppose it is OK. How do the agents accomplish what they do? Thanks in advance!

10 minutes ago, Grandpaneal said:

Dr. Jack,

My stepson’s friend had someone call my wife on my behalf. He told her that for 20k THB my noncompliance will vanish and I will get a new extension based on retirement. I believe he is an agent.

is this legal? My Thai wife believes this more corruption for her country. We would deal with Jomtien instead of Sri Racha. I see many agents advertising In Pattaya so I suppose it is OK. How do the agents accomplish what they do? Thanks in advance!

have you obtained a 60 day visit Thai wife extension since your last entry, other than a re-entry permit entry, if not you could get one to give you time to sort out your application, and avoid an overstay.

if you are going the agent route shop around in Pattaya as prices differ, 

is your marriage cert from overseas, if so it has to be registered at local amphur, its a complicated process.

marriage extension once all the requirements are met is straight forward, only differnces to retirement extension is - photo's, kor ror 2 or 22, some extra wife's forms, and the 30 days under consideration period

23 minutes ago, Grandpaneal said:

I see many agents advertising In Pattaya so I suppose it is OK. How do the agents accomplish what they do? Thanks in advance!

Put simply the agent provides money in the bank however it is not maintained. 

Immigration has discretion/ability to overlook the financial requirements. 

The agent will obtain extension based on retirement.

Many on AseanNow cry wolf about this and claim it's corruption etc.

That's a war of words been going on for years 

Bottom line is that the stamps in your pp are legal.

If people have the funds available i pretty much always suggest that you can do it yourself without the use of an agent. 

Without reading back over the whole thread, I think I recall that you did not meet the financials during the last 12 months.

If that's the case you would need to exit Thailand and kill off your existing extension (btw it's not valid) reenter and obtain new non O retirement and subsequent extension.

I would see an agent immediately.

Edited by DrJack54

5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Put simply the agent provides money in the bank however it is not maintained. 

Immigration has discretion/ability to overlook the financial requirements. 

The agent will obtain extension based on retirement.

Many on AseanNow cry wolf about this and claim it's corruption etc.

That's a war of words been going on for years 

Bottom line is that the stamps in your pp are legal.

If people have the funds available i pretty much always suggest that you can do it yourself without the use of an agent. 

Without reading back over the whole thread, I think I recall that you did not meet the financials during the last 12 months.

If that's the case you would need to exit Thailand and kill off your existing extension (btw it's not valid) reenter and obtain new non O retirement and subsequent extension.

I would see an agent immediately.

Final results:

We were able to top off the bank account to over 800k; our contact directed us to Si Racha (not Jomtien). Two hours later and 10,000THB less in my wallet I got a new 12 month retirement extension and did my 90 day report. The 10k included the 1900 fee. The Land of Smiles, U-Turns, and Back Room Deals! We never saw the front room where normal immigration matters are handled.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1