90 Day Report - are we back to THIS?

MamaSan

18 minutes ago, MamaSan said:

My understanding is that this wasn't necessary unless leaving the country.

From my understanding, you are correct.

I returned from a trip overseas recently with a re-entry permit, and it was the wife that had to report that I was back home as she is the blue book holder of the house, that said, we did also spend a night at bangkok in a hotel before returning up here.

Now this regulation appears to vary at different immigration offices, but I wouldn't be the one wanting to argue with them.

I think there maybe some other issue to be honest.

Edited by 4MyEgo

16 minutes ago, norbra said:

Last week,using the phone app I was directed to local immigration (CW ). Same day registered Online got approval in 2 days.

'Been using 90 day online system successfully for quite some time but this is a first time snag for having to re-do TM30 due to a night away.

12 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Just asking like but what the ......... has a TM 47 got to do with a TM 30?

I suspect the address on the 90 day online submission has to tie up with the last TM30.

If not you may need to do the 90  day in person.

Last time I went to UK I came back on a new visa. I didn't need to do a TM30 for the extension but had to do the first 90 day in person. Quite straightforward but couldn't be done online.

Who knows what and how cross checks are built in to the system.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, proton said:

well they wont do a TM 47 at my office without showing them an old TM30 first. Showing them on the phone wont do they want a paper version.

I think this is the crux of it. An IO can look at historical info and make an assessment, I use the word loosely.

Trying to program that would probably cause more problems than it is worth.

11 minutes ago, proton said:

They changed the rules over 2 years ago, you do not have to report a TM30 when returning from abroad any longer. 

As mention in my reply, it was my wife who had to report me to immigration and advise them that I had returned from overseas as I was once again staying in her house, hence the reason she had to report the alien/foreigner, staying in her house.

Any alien/foreigner staying in the blue book holders house when returning from overseas has to report them to immigration, no different to a hotel or landlord having to do the same, I have read the regulation.

As for reporting them upon return from domestic (provincial) travels, NO, they don't have to report the alien/foreigner.

In short, the alien/foreigner doesn't have to do anything, it's the responsibility of the Thai's to do it or face a fine of up to 2,000 baht.

Some immigration offices may want to see the TM30 receipt from the alien/foreigner when applying for their extension.

EDIT: I have heard some immigration offices are more relaxed than others, but I wouldn't know, all I know is the one we go to requires the blue book holder to report that the alien/foreigner has returned from OS and is staying in their house.

When my daughter arrives for a holiday next month, she will be staying with us, so the wife will have to go online and report her staying here.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, proton said:

Nobody has to report a return now, I printed out the new rules off here last year and got my office to confirm it. Why they always want to see a 4 year old print of the last TM30 I did is a mystery. Been in and out twice since never reported and never mentioned.

Under the new notification, when the head of a household, property owner, landlord, or hotel manager submits a new T.M.30 form to the immigration office, they will also be required to indicate the period that each foreign national will stay at their premises, i.e., the arrival and expected departure dates.

I would take the below to mean domestic travel:

In the event that a foreign national travels and stays in another place on an occasional basis, and then returns to stay at the same premises within the period of stay specified in the T.M.30, then a new T.M.30 will need not be submitted each time they arrive. The new rules are applicable to all foreign nationals who stay in Thailand on any type of visa, including holders of multiple-entry visas and re-entry permits which enable the holders to leave and return to Thailand within their visa validity period.

EDIT: Again, depends on the office.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, proton said:

Why they always want to see a 4 year old print of the last TM30 I did is a mystery.

I agree with the above. Been here over 17 years and it was only a couple of years back when they asked my missus why she had never submitted a TM 30. Obviously yer average Thai knows nothing about immigration rules for foreigners and that was what she told them. They took 400 Baht off of her no receipt. Two years later when I did my TM 47 they put the TM 30 in my passport after viewing my missus blue book. No charge. 15 years never a problem.    deadhorsebig

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Thanks 1

Heaven thanks I was never harassed with this track and trace in Khon Kaen over the years. I had done only domestic travel.

First time a TM30 was done was after my border run last year (cancel Non O-A).

The officer did this when applying for the Non O two days later.

After that having travelled domestic and done 90 day online.

Edited by KhunBENQ

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

First time a TM30 was done was after my border run last year (cancel Non O-A).

You mean first personal submission, unless of course you mean in all the domestic travel you never stayed in a hotel.

I lived here for the first 6 years on ME non O. In 2014 following a short trip to KL I submitted my passport for renewal but unfortunately the UK in it's wisdom had just moved passports from FCO to HO. After a couple of months when permission to  stay was getting close to end I had to apply for extension to get further 30 days, passport came back 3 days before that ran out.

Following year I changed to retirement extension and TM30  came up, had the same one in passport since.

27 minutes ago, novacova said:

OP…when the hotel reported your stay, the address was reset in the system. CM IO will often ask for a new tm30. Next time have your spouse book the room in her name to circumvent this issue.

Not everyone has a spouse...

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, MamaSan said:

Not everyone has a spouse...

Ubonjoe answered this question in a previous post on the same subject. His advice was that no, staying in a hotel should not override your registered address and that the IO was at fault.

The usual caveats apply re variations between different immigration offices.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Ubonjoe answered this question in a previous post on the same subject. His advice was that no, staying in a hotel should not override your registered address and that the IO was at fault.

The usual caveats apply re variations between different immigration offices.

Correct, though this is a common occurrence in CM.

• Thanks 1

Immigration is really a dog's breakfast, always has been and no sign of any adult coming in and sorting it out and having all offices on the same page.

My wife and I have been at the same address in CM for more than 15 years but still doing the 90 day ritual, my Dutch neighbour 27 years, same address, never left the country. Logic simply does not apply for reporting only when you change your permanent address.   

If you are married best to book in to a hotel/resort with your wife's ID, we notice more and more hotels/resorts are fine with this.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

unless of course you mean in all the domestic travel you never stayed in a hotel.

Did 10 trips alone during COVID to Pattaya(10), Phuket(1) and Samui(1).

Always stayed in hotels. Four different in Pattaya.

At my preferred place in Pattaya receptionist always searches through the passport and notes data.

Can't count how often I stayed in hotels in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, Khon Kaen and Udon Thani since 2011 before COVID. 

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Immigration is really a dog's breakfast, always has been and no sign of any adult coming in and sorting it out and having all offices on the same page.

My wife and I have been at the same address in CM for more than 15 years but still doing the 90 day ritual, my Dutch neighbour 27 years, same address, never left the country. Logic simply does not apply for reporting only when you change your permanent address.   

If you are married best to book in to a hotel/resort with your wife's ID, we notice more and more hotels/resorts are fine with this.  

Agree 110%.

Only problem with hotels being booked in my wife's name in my experience is, each time we book them in the wife's name, when they see me, they want a copy if my passport, won't accept anything else, e.g. Thai driver's license, Pink ID, yes, even though the room is booked in the wife's name, they will argue that it is hotel policy, for insurance and immigration purposes, and it's hard to argue with them, that said, these hotels are 3, 4 & 5 star occasionally, as for going under those ratings to avoid showing my passport, I will pass, call me a snob.

The wife can report me to immigration online, not that much of a problem, albeit it is draconian and I don't know where else they do this, if at all, just Thailand.

• Like 1