90 Day Report - are we back to THIS?

MamaSan

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Agree 110%.

Only problem with hotels being booked in my wife's name in my experience is, each time we book them in the wife's name, when they see me, they want a copy if my passport, won't accept anything else, e.g. Thai driver's license, Pink ID, yes, even though the room is booked in the wife's name, they will argue that it is hotel policy, for insurance and immigration purposes, and it's hard to argue with them, that said, these hotels are 3, 4 & 5 star occasionally, as for going under those ratings to avoid showing my passport, I will pass, call me a snob.

The wife can report me to immigration online, not that much of a problem, albeit it is draconian and I don't know where else they do this, if at all, just Thailand.

Booked in your wife’s name and being asked for your passport possibly due to the areas you go? We’ve stayed at countless places in her name here in the north, CM CR, MHS & Nan and I’ve been only asked for my passport once, ban rakthai which happens to be a tourist trap. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Any alien/foreigner staying in the blue book holders house when returning from overseas has to report them to immigration, no different to a hotel or landlord having to do the same, I have read the regulation.

Our Yai up here in Oodorn hasn't needed to do this for almost 18 years of her farang son-in-law squatter's global wandering.

Most provincial hotels, away from the tourist trails, don't bother asking for the farang's passport if he's with his Thai spouse or if she made the reservation.

But I'm happy that someone has at least read the regulation.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, novacova said:

Booked in your wife’s name and being asked for your passport possibly due to the areas you go? We’ve stayed at countless places in her name here in the north, CM CR, MHS & Nan and I’ve been only asked for my passport once, ban rakthai which happens to be a tourist trap. 

Yeh, Phuket, Hua Hin, Bangkok and Chang Mai, all asking for passport even though booked in wife's name.

I don't doubt that it is hotel policy to know all the guests names regardless of who booked the room, possibly for insurance purposes in the event of an accident, and or to report all guests to immigration that are foreign, as mentioned, regardless of who booked the room.

It's an upside down country, but hey, it's easy to give them what they want, and an invasion of my privacy, but here, well, whatever floats their boats.

21 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Did 10 trips alone during COVID to Pattaya(10), Phuket(1) and Samui(1).

Always stayed in hotels. Four different in Pattaya.

At my preferred place in Pattaya receptionist always searches through the passport and notes data.

Can't count how often I stayed in hotels in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, Khon Kaen and Udon Thani since 2011 before COVID. 

So with all that time in hotels you think you were never tracked or traced, your words?

"Heaven thanks I was never harassed with this track and trace in Khon Kaen over the years."

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

So with all that time in hotels you think you were never tracked or traced, your words?

"Heaven thanks I was never harassed with this track and trace in Khon Kaen over the years."

Of course proper hotels have to register you at immigration. But I never had complaints about not reporting back home with TM30.

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Of course proper hotels have to register you at immigration. But I never had complaints about not reporting back home with TM30.

Neither have I in 15 years, so how can it be described as harassment.

I came back in Aug on new E-visa, wanted to change renewal date, did extension in Nov and a few minutes ago did first 90 days since returning. First time since they revamped the online, not a problem and a bit easier than before.

21 hours ago, jschorr said:

Same thing happened to me, 2 nights in Bangkok at a hotel and then an online 90-day report rejection because my home address for the past 8 years was no longer recognized by the system.  Interestingly, the drive thru 90-day report worked like a charm.  So, pretty sure the glitch is in the online system, which must change the registered address automatically, even if it is not required to be changed.

Thank you ever so much. You prevented me from having either to get married (in order for my spouse to register at a hotel) or to have to stay in a flophouse that wouldn't check my passport.

A breeze-through the handy Drive-Thru on this fine day was all it took with no need for yet another trip to the TM30 office - no questions asked.

Bless you, Jschorr!

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

Neither have I in 15 years, so how can it be described as harassment.

I came back in Aug on new E-visa, wanted to change renewal date, did extension in Nov and a few minutes ago did first 90 days since returning. First time since they revamped the online, not a problem and a bit easier than before.

Took 58 minutes to be approved, nothing to complain about.

On 1/15/2023 at 1:41 AM, proton said:

They changed the rules over 2 years ago, you do not have to report a TM30 when returning from abroad any longer. 

This is not true where i live.

I went from extensions back to Non O coz it's less hassle.

Arrive home, do what you want, report to no one. No need for the mountains and mountains of paperwork and the IO attitude for extensions, pop over to Savanakhet for 2 days - job done.

23 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

Interesting.  I submitted my 90 day report online last Saturday morning, still pending.

Did you get an email from them? I got one immediately saying the information had been submitted successfully, and then approval shortly after.

13 hours ago, sandyf said:

Did you get an email from them? I got one immediately saying the information had been submitted successfully, and then approval shortly after.

Yes.  I received the email telling me it was successfully submitted but no approval email yet.

When I log into my account, it's there, listed as "pending".

Edited by TheAppletons

24 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

Yes.  I received the email telling me it was successfully submitted but no approval email yet.

I made an online 90 day report about 10 days ago (based in Bangkok). this time it took 6 days till approved (Friday-Thursday).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

I did it yesterday at about 6 in the evening for Chonburi/Jomtien. I didn't expect that anyone will still work at this time. But I got the approval 2 hours later. Perhaps done by the computer alone and if it cannot do it it goes to humans? But I don't know. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

May be an office thing or possibly timing. I have been doing the online since it started and have always done it on a Monday, can't remember ever waiting more than 24 hours.

There may also be something in the suggestion that some cases are automated, mine was so quick this time it may well have been the case.

Fingers crossed.

Anyone know if this is still the mailing address for sending the 90 day report via the postal service?

Notify 90 Days
Chiangmai Immigration
71 Moo 3  Sanambin Road
T. Suthep A. Muang
Chiang Mai

That's the address copied/pasted from the pinned topic but it's from six years ago so I ask to verify.  Thanks.

On 1/19/2023 at 2:03 AM, TheAppletons said:

Anyone know if this is still the mailing address for sending the 90 day report via the postal service?

Notify 90 Days
Chiangmai Immigration
71 Moo 3  Sanambin Road
T. Suthep A. Muang
Chiang Mai

That's the address copied/pasted from the pinned topic but it's from six years ago so I ask to verify.  Thanks.

My online 90 day report was rejected for being a "first time" 90 day report - even though it isn't my first 90 report.  It's the first one with my current passport, my current non-O, and the current online system....but definitely not my first 90 day report.

So I'll be mailing mine to the address quoted above.  

So for future reference of interested parties, the mailing address for 90 days reports listed in the pinned topic is still current and mailing your 90 day report remains a viable option.

Three business days to process, receipt returned via Thailand post.  

On 1/20/2023 at 12:26 PM, TheAppletons said:

My online 90 day report was rejected for being a "first time" 90 day report - even though it isn't my first 90 report.  It's the first one with my current passport, my current non-O, and the current online system....but definitely not my first 90 day report.

So I'll be mailing mine to the address quoted above.  

I was told I must make the 90 day in person after the new passport. Then I will go back to online like I did for the past decade.