Spam on Asean Now

AAArdvark

I receive an email from Asean Now every day.  If I attempt to read any new article, a screen will pop up which will cover the entire screen telling me that I have won a phone.  There is no way to exit the screen.  It will have a Google logo on it but I am sure that it has nothing to do with Google.  It comes from something called "happy day". It only appears on my Android phone and not my desktop.  No other emails have this problem. and I have scanned my phone for any security issues.

Please fix this as soon as possible

• Haha 1

Do you have a VPN? It seems to be a specific VPN server causing a similar problem for me. If I disconnect the VPN or change to a different server, the issue stops happening. I will follow up with my VPN provider later to confirm, the alternative is these bad ads are region locked for some reason.

Edited by jacob29

On 1/16/2023 at 11:09 AM, Hummin said:

Anyone else gettingmore spam mail on the e-mail used here for log in?

These ones I had to redirect with a new web address and come back. 

36D4BABD-2654-4B99-95F5-21299320F4A1.jpeg

I am getting this Subscribe to AN now for the past week. Is it a virus or something set up by AN?

On 1/18/2023 at 11:24 AM, KannikaP said:

I am getting this Subscribe to AN now for the past week. Is it a virus or something set up by AN?

I'm getting the same annoying "Subscribe to Asian Now" yellow box ad EVERY time I visit the site.  There's also no way to select a "Don't ask again" option with it.  Getting close to pull the plug time with all this junk.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

I'm getting the same annoying "Subscribe to Asian Now" yellow box ad EVERY time I visit the site.  There's also no way to select a "Don't ask again" option with it.  Getting close to pull the plug time with all this junk.

I have actually subscribed, but still get the advert. Annoying.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 4 weeks later...

The pop ups I only see on my cell phone and the last few days the pop ups are causing the phone to freeze and Chrome to stop working, so I have deleted the Aseanow forum from my phone and only use the laptop.  It was so annoying as i tried to type a comment the pop up add would cover the box and I would X it out after it allowed it and when I started to type again the add would pop up again and then the app would freeze.....

• Thanks 1