To legally get remarried in Thailand without having your country consulate or Embassy in Thailand.

I have been living and working in Thailand since 2010. I got married in 2011 and officially divorced in 2021. I want to get married again but the district officer wants to see an affidavit saying that I am single from my embassy. My country doesn't have an embassy or consulate in Thailand, I showed them my divorce certificate and my passport stating that I didn't travel outside Thailand since I got my divorce certificate but they don't really care, No logic , anyone who knows a reputable agent who could help me get officially married for a fee would be greatly appreciated. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Raymonddiaz said:

...My country doesn't have an embassy or consulate in Thailand...

Surely, your country has an embassy or consulate in a neighbouring country in charge also for Thailand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

I want to get married again but the district officer wants to see an affidavit saying that I am single from my embassy.

How would his country know he's single if he's got married and divorced in Thailand and then never left Thailand and returned to his country?

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, connda said:

How would his country know he's single if he's got married and divorced in Thailand and then never left Thailand and returned to his country?

It's a freedom to marry affidavit they want. His embassy or such takes his word at it and will then notarize the affidavit he fills out....stupid really. He then needs to get it translated into Thai and then certified at the MFA.. hoop jumping for no godly reason really.

My country has an embassy in Malaysia. Need to go there , get that paper, go to the consular affairs of Malaysia,  and Thai embassy for another Stamp and come back to Thailand.  I am really busy right now to do it. I will take me more than a week to do it. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2023 at 9:15 PM, BritTim said:

Check if your embassy in KL will process an affidavit of freedom to marry without your presence and, if so, try to find a lawyer in KL to handle everything for you.

I need stamps from the consular affairs in Malaysia and the thai embassy in Kl. I will go there as soon as I can . Thank you everyone for your suggestions