I loved Elvis ... his voice was astounding and a pleasure to hear

steven100

Elvis Presley died at age 42,  his daughter dies at 54 ....  his daughters son died recently.

Very tragic events all around.

In all cases it appears drugs were the cause ......   and folks on here say drugs are ok.  After seeing her at the Golden Globes ... she looked very out-of it ... she needed help in standing up as assisted by her manager.

What nonsense .... what more proof do AN drug takers need. 

The defense rests your honor    !!

image.png.fa4396d1caf2c58bf66a36055c079a94.png

What drugs are you talking about ?....  Ibuprofen worked well when I twisted my ankle... 

Yes, I know as facetious as your post is vague.... 

I’m guessing you mean something slightly more illicit but seem to be taking a pot-shot (pun intended) at weed uses...   and using comparisons of the effects or far more serious drugs and then projecting that on the forum community none of whom have shown any indications of ‘doing hard stuff’.... 

... So, I’m not really sure what your point it.. .

Yeah - the first worldwide entertainment superstar & and all the traps that came with it....

Unfortunately, due to a mutual friend not being able to find me, I lost a chance to go & spend about 1/2 day visiting with Elvis .....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

What drugs are you talking about ?....  Ibuprofen worked well when I twisted my ankle... 

Yes, I know as facetious as your post is vague.... 

I’m guessing you mean something slightly more illicit but seem to be taking a pot-shot (pun intended) at weed uses...   and using comparisons of the effects or far more serious drugs and then projecting that on the forum community none of whom have shown any indications of ‘doing hard stuff’.... 

... So, I’m not really sure what your point it.. .

I'm guessing pills to keep you alert ... awake ... uper's ....   not an aspirine ... 

Elvis was the king ...  but he was pushed to perform and as such took uper's .... and ate very bad and his body could not accept the constant drugs.   It's not rocket science   FGS.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well it appears to me fame kills them before the drugs! 

Remember my father was shocked when he died, because Elvis represented clean healthy young talented man who loved his family and also helped people. I guess he gave away a few cars to needed people. Little did he know right, because media made an icon. A lie

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I'm guessing pills to keep you alert ... awake ... uper's ....   not an aspirine ... 

Elvis was the king ...  but he was pushed to perform and as such took uper's .... and ate very bad and his body could not accept the constant drugs.   It's not rocket science   FGS.  

His interbred grandparents probably passed on genetic defects, several of the family died of heart problems early, including his twin brother.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Well it appears to me fame kills them before the drugs! 

Remember my father was shocked when he died, because Elvis represented clean healthy young talented man who loved his family and also helped people. I guess he gave away a few cars to needed people. Little did he know right, because media made an icon. A lie

yes ... I tend to agree .... they lie to make out he's a healthy active person,  not a drug addict.

very sad.

Drugs users/suppliers/producers should have been dealt with as the Philippines did  ...  then the world would not have a drug problem ...  what ever happen to going out with friends and building a fence for the neighbor and then sitting down and having a laugh.  ??

If every country took Singapore's stance 50 yrs ago ...  there would be less scum around ... imo

waiting for the drug users and comments ...????     haha

4 minutes ago, proton said:

His interbred grandparents probably passed on genetic defects, several of the family died of heart problems early, including his twin brother.

That's very interesting ... thank's, .... I'll check it out more.  Very sad indeed.  Such a fantastic voice ... I sit and drink GIN and listen to his songs every few weeks.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

That's very interesting ... thank's, .... I'll check it out more.  Very sad indeed.  Such a fantastic voice ... I sit and drink GIN and listen to his songs every few weeks.

I have his biography ELVIS written by a bloke who lived in Bangkok. Jerry Hopkins, died in 2018. Said to be the definitive book on Elvis.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, proton said:

I have his biography ELVIS written by a bloke who lived in Bangkok. Jerry Hopkins, died in 2018. Said to be the definitive book on Elvis.

do you really believe biography's .... ?    I don't ... the reason being they want to sell,  as such make it dramatic.   imo 

1 minute ago, steven100 said:

do you really believe biography's .... ?    I don't ... the reason being they want to sell,  as such make it dramatic.   imo 

Well read it and decide

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elvis-Jerry-Hopkins/dp/0859655644/ref=sr_1_2?crid=NO8CMD49UN09&keywords=elvis+jerry+hopkins&qid=1673963449&sprefix=elvis+jerry+hopkins%2Caps%2C304&sr=8-2

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Yup... I get that...  I’m just not sure why such a point needs to be ‘proven’ to the AN readers or why you think there are AN ‘drug takers’.... unless I have missed something on another thread...

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

What nonsense .... what more proof do AN drug takers need. 

The defense rests your honor    !!

I guess in the case of the ’stars’ they can get so ‘wound up’ that they need something to relax... 

Or, the only people around them are those who want something from them so the stars want to take something that pushes them into oblivion so they can forget for a while... .. Or, they want to ‘continue the buzz’.... etc etc many reasons... 

For us mere mortals other things can happen... i.e. a boozy enjoyable Christmas in the UK, travelling back to Thailand, Jet-lag coming back is worse... Pop a sleeping tablet to try and beat Jet-lag and have a great 12 hours sleep... but you’re not tired the next night.. What do you do ?... have a few drinks ? pop another sleeping tablet ???....  OR... Just wait it out and realise it’ll take about a week to get the timing back... 

I guess its easy for people to slip....   I have a couple of ‘Benzos’ in my wash-bag to use when needed... 

Helps on flights etc...  but I can see how people may develop dependencies etc

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yup... I get that...  I’m just not sure why such a point needs to be ‘proven’ to the AN readers or why you think there are AN ‘drug takers’.... unless I have missed something on another thread...

I guess in the case of the ’stars’ they can get so ‘wound up’ that they need something to relax... 

Or, the only people around them are those who want something from them so the stars want to take something that pushes them into oblivion so they can forget for a while... .. Or, they want to ‘continue the buzz’.... etc etc many reasons... 

For us mere mortals other things can happen... i.e. a boozy enjoyable Christmas in the UK, travelling back to Thailand, Jet-lag coming back is worse... Pop a sleeping tablet to try and beat Jet-lag and have a great 12 hours sleep... but you’re not tired the next night.. What do you do ?... have a few drinks ? pop another sleeping tablet ???....  OR... Just wait it out and realise it’ll take about a week to get the timing back... 

I guess its easy for people to slip....   I have a couple of ‘Benzos’ in my wash-bag to use when needed... 

agree ...  and it just highlites more why taking drugs is stupid.  In my home town if someone got caught for drugs and fronted up in court they were frowned upon as undesireable ..... and I totaly agree.

Just now, steven100 said:

agree ...  and it just highlites more why taking drugs is stupid.  In my home town if someone got caught for drugs and fronted up in court they were frowned upon as undesireable ..... and I totaly agree.

anyway ... getting back to Elvis ....   his voice was deep, formittable, enlightening and superlative. I love his songs, and I cannot believe someone of his talent could leave us at 42.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

anyway ... getting back to Elvis ....   his voice was deep, formittable, enlightening and superlative. I love his songs, and I cannot believe someone of his talent could leave us at 42.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Have you seen the movie ‘Elvis’ with Tom Hanks ?... I just saw that on a flight... 

Elvis died before I was born... I grew up unaware of the fame and drama, but aware he was the King of Rock because thats what everyone said....  Even though the movie was depicted from the prismatic point of view of Colonel Tom Parker.....   it highlights quite a tragic life even with the success and fame....

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes ... I tend to agree .... they lie to make out he's a healthy active person,  not a drug addict.

very sad.

Drugs users/suppliers/producers should have been dealt with as the Philippines did  ...  then the world would not have a drug problem ...  what ever happen to going out with friends and building a fence for the neighbor and then sitting down and having a laugh.  ??

If every country took Singapore's stance 50 yrs ago ...  there would be less scum around ... imo

waiting for the drug users and comments ...????     haha

Off topic but the Philippines never went after the drug kingpins, only the poor who were struggling to survive in one of the poorest countries in the world.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Off topic but the Philippines never went after the drug kingpins, only the poor who were struggling to survive in one of the poorest countries in the world.

that's another story ....  let's stick to Elvis

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

An incredible talent gone too soon. It seems like it was after his mother's death that he really started to go downhill and increased the drug usage. Losing the most important person in your life can have that type of effect on a person.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

There is a book out based on Elvis familial lines & medical history..... Basically, medical history wise, a long life was not in the forecast.....

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

Did you like Bon Scott?