Non-O Immigration Extension Bank letter

Not sure if this was asked here before, mod if you are sure it was answered, please point me to the correct URL link thanks.

My first NON-O extension with BKK immigration and will like to know, what are the validity period of the Thai and the English Bank certificate and statement are? If my appointment is at 09:00 O'clock on a Monday, or on a Tuesday, can I obtain these letters for immigration in BKK Friday if on Monday or Monday if on a Tuesday?

Nonthaburi Immigration Office, these letters were valid for (7) days from the date of issue, but I know all immigrations offices have different rules.

node

Just my 2THB - On your first extension, most including myself overthink everything. 

After a couple of extensions you develop a different attitude. You don’t know when your appointment is, but you are worrying about the timing of your bank letter.

I do mine the afternoon prior and find a bank that opens at 8.00 or 8.30 and get my bank book updated on the day, I don’t know what I would do if my appointment was on a Monday, but I schedule my visits to avoid the day after a weekend or bank holiday. 

Im with kasikorn and my bank letter format have changed over the years, it doesn’t confirm a figure over a number of months like it used to, they said they can’t confirm that now, yet when it changes, I panic and stress, they say there is nothing that immigration won’t accept and I go with it, and every time, it’s fine. 

Hope helps and, good luck. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, node said:

Read the article and seems there need to me a link to the various posters immigration offices with this letter & statement requirements, as most have their own made up rules here.

Yep that is unfortunately the case here. So best is ask your own IO

TiT at its best ????

• Like 1

Depends on which IO. In Chiang Mai it's one day and you also have to get a 12 month statement from your bank. I now live in Chiang Rai where the bank letter is valid for a week and they are happy with just a photocopy of your bank book. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ianwheldale said:

and you also have to get a 12 month statement from your bank.

Maybe you should also mention that with some banks it takes as long as 7 working days to get that statement. 3 and 6 Months same day.

A solution is to get a 6 month statements and then 6 months after that statement get another one (make sure the date over lapse) ????

I write this to state, that I have been to Bangkok Immigration Office at CW, and was told by the extension renewal officer (7) days they will accept the English Bank statement and Thai Certificate. 

In my humble opinion, best play safe and give a (1) or (2) days documents. 

I have heard 7 days for CW but have always done last biz day before so Friday OK for a Monday. Best have 1 year statement also to be sure - they have never handed mine back. Bank book must be updated on the day and photocopy of that page also.  After finish at bank pay in Bt 1000 and then withdraw day attend CW then update passbook in wall machine and photocopy. HTH

Edited by mokwit

7 minutes ago, mokwit said:

After finish at bank pay in Bt 1000 and then withdraw day attend CW then update passbook in wall machine and photocopy.

With our IO it's like this

1- First transfer money in

2- Go to Bank, get Bank Letter and update Bank Book (so both have the added funds from Step 1)

3- Photocopy relevant pages of Bank Book

4- goto Immigration

On 1/19/2023 at 1:58 PM, ianwheldale said:

Depends on which IO. In Chiang Mai it's one day and you also have to get a 12 month statement from your bank. I now live in Chiang Rai where the bank letter is valid for a week and they are happy with just a photocopy of your bank book. 

Trat everything must be same day.