Yes proof of funds letter from bank

I am sorry can not find an answer to this but it differs from various Immigration offices.

Used to be a deposit on the same day at Kanchanaburi  and visit a bank of the day going to the bank but can a letter be used say a week in advance.

Thanks all

1 hour ago, MJCM said:

Then NO, has to be same day (or maybe some IO allow a day early)

Up to one week old should be accepted.

If a particular immigration office does not then so be it.

Most would accept letter obtained few days prior to application.

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Up to one week old should be accepted.

If a particular immigration office does not then so be it.

Most would accept letter obtained few days prior to application.

I don’t doubt what you are saying, but I find it very strange if they allow it to be a week old. But TiT of course.????

another example KR2, some IO even want one from the SAME day when going to immigration. Our IO was oke with 1 day old one 

• Like 1

I put in my visa renewal application today here in Samui.

Letter and 12 month statement. Copies of passbook name page, and last page showing latest deposit(s).

I still had to leave immigration and return to bank because I had to make a deposit on same day, as passbook needs to be updated same day as visa  application.

I did try to make the deposit (THB100) the day before, but the deposit machine said magnetic strip error on passbook.  :angry:

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, rwill said:

About 9 years ago at Nakhon Pathom immigration for some reason the bank dated it a day earlier without me noticing.  When I went to immigration they would not accept it.  I had to go back and get a new letter.

Ever since that I have always done it on the same day and doubled checked the date on the letter.

Good one. 

Edited by MJCM

I always get the bank letter the day before I go to immigration as it's a fair hike to get there.

The immigration office accepts the fact that I make a withdrawal on the day that I go to them, i.e. the day after the bank letter, as long as I provide them with 2 photocopies of my updated bank passbook on that day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Trat is Everything same day !  as with many other IO, god knows what happens if you have to use BKB as I hear it takes them days. Yellow bank its 10 mins.

If you need 12months bank statement from the Bangkok Bank it takes 7 days. Less than 6 months they will do immediately. The bank latter is also immediately.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Trat is Everything same day !  as with many other IO, god knows what happens if you have to use BKB as I hear it takes them days. Yellow bank its 10 mins.

Phetchabun the same.I did mine yesterday and the bank book statement and letter had to be done on the same day.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ripstanley said:

If you need 12months bank statement from the Bangkok Bank it takes 7 days. Less than 6 months they will do immediately. The bank latter is also immediately.

You can get a 12 month statement easier then waiting for the Bank to send it you (and maybe arrives late ???? )

Example how to do it

Extension goes from January -> January the following year

- In June go to the Bank and get a 6 Month statement that will cover Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June

- Then in January get a 6 Month statement that will cover, July, August,Sept,Oct,Nov,Dec.

You have to time it so the 2 statement over lapse.

So there you have 2x 6 Month statement and no need to wait for the Bank to send it to the branch.

13 hours ago, The Theory said:

If they ask me for "statement" next month then I will change my BBK account to SBC. BBK is not really good for fixed deposit acct. anyway. 

I just did the renewal of my Retirement Extension with money in the Bank (Fixed Deposit account at BBL for years and years).

Arrived at the Bank at 10:15 (they open at 10:30).

Got the 6 month statement (cost 100 THB)

Got the Bank Letter (Cost 100 THB)

Got a new Bank Book for the Fixed Deposit account (old one was full)

We walked out of the bank at 10:55.

On 1/19/2023 at 9:03 AM, Lazybones said:

Phetchabun the same.I did mine yesterday and the bank book statement and letter had to be done on the same day.

Yes, all very good at Kanchanaburi but of course one worries until one gets the actual stamp.