Muderers of money lender in Lopburi to face death penalty

webfact

image.jpeg

Daily News Thai Caption: Death sentence!

Daily News followed up on a gruesome murder of a money lender in Lopburi, central Thailand late Monday night.

Suwit Kertkaew, 45, also known as "Taeng Thai Tha Wung" was shot in the head on the Lopburi bypass by assailants in a white car.

His car was then set on fire to hide evidence.

Police are keeping an open mind as to why he was assassinated - it could be to do with the loans business, drugs or a woman. 

But Region 1 police chief said that three suspects are known to police and arrest warrants are in the pipeline.

Calling it a horrendous and brazen crime Pol Lt-Gen Jiraphat Phromjit said after an hour long meeting with local cops that the crime merits the death sentence. 

He was confident the crime would be solved quickly. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2023-01-19

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

Calling it a horrendous and brazen crime Pol Lt-Gen Jiraphat Phromjit said after an hour long meeting with local cops that the crime merits the death sentence. 

I'm glad that he recognises the horrendous brazenness of being a loan shark.  I hope that he feels the same about the seriousness of the "muder" [sic]...

"Muderers of money lender in Lopburi to face death penalty"

• Like 2

Wonder who is taking over the money lenders book ,i am

sure the Police were quick to get their hands on it ,and put

it into evidence ......????   these Emojis are rubbish,can you 

see it winking ,no neither can I ,

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2