Over 900,000 Foreign Tourists Came To Thailand During Jan. 1-15: TAT

webfact

4 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Indeed Cake many countries in the west have banned Russian aircraft from their Airspace and barred their cash cards but good old Thailand hasn't, and is happy to aid Putins war and carry on lobbing missiles into apartment blocks and hospitals. Guilt not a chance money money money.

Why would Thailand have to  follow NATO, choose a side in this conflict and refuse entry to Russians? Most countries do allow Russian visitors, except for NATO countries and the likes of Japan and Korea. Of course it's money, money, money. Can't blame them really, it's not their conflict, is it?

On 1/20/2023 at 7:02 AM, PCUSHING said:

It isn't an impression, it's a fact.

They normally stick to Jomtein and Naklua but Central Pattaya is swarming with them.

I mean cannot walk in Central Festival Mall, without hearing a Russian accent.

Same same Terminal 21.

Never seen anything like it, mainly young couples and young families.

Pattaya is packed with Russians.

Maybe they are Ukrainians?

On 1/21/2023 at 11:17 AM, SoilSpoil said:

Why would Thailand have to  follow NATO, choose a side in this conflict and refuse entry to Russians? Most countries do allow Russian visitors, except for NATO countries and the likes of Japan and Korea. Of course it's money, money, money. Can't blame them really, it's not their conflict, is it?

If they are Russian it is their conflict or that by a government they choose to accept. 
im sure the Ukrainians don’t see it as their conflict either but they suffer because of Russia..

The only people who can stop Putin are the Russians themselves and if they won’t do it why should they have the freedoms of civilised country’s?

Unless of course it’s the old, not my problem, I’m not involved, it doesn’t affect me, I’m not doing it answer is acceptable.

14 hours ago, Reigntax said:

If they are Russian it is their conflict or that by a government they choose to accept. 
im sure the Ukrainians don’t see it as their conflict either but they suffer because of Russia..

The only people who can stop Putin are the Russians themselves and if they won’t do it why should they have the freedoms of civilised country’s?

Unless of course it’s the old, not my problem, I’m not involved, it doesn’t affect me, I’m not doing it answer is acceptable.

Did Thailand refuse entry to Americans when they invaded countries like Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan or Vietnam to name a few? Dont think so.

On 1/20/2023 at 8:20 PM, nigelforbes said:

AOT tracks the number of aircraft movements, inbound and outbound, domestic and international.

https://www.airportthai.co.th/en/airports-of-thailand-plc/about-aot/air-transport-statistic/

900'000 travellers in total (in, out or in/out?) could be an AOT figure which include Thai nationals, expatriates working as well as all the transit passengers changing planes in Bangkok, i.e. coming from somewhere and continuing their journey to a third country. 
The domestic figure is irrelevant as some (like me) fly weekly domestically for work and I am not alone. 

We're talking tourism figures and some government offices blowing their own trumpet - as usual. 

On 1/20/2023 at 7:01 PM, gearbox said:

Are you claiming that the immigration has no record when you cross the border? They keep a number of data items for each person crossing the border, name, nationality, passport number, flight number, visa type etc.

I claim nothing but you cannot identify pure tourism anymore. Immigration screens people for their ability to enter/leave Thailand which include i.e. working expats or hundreds of thousands of Thai nationals - just to name some groups showing up in the immigration database of non-tourism character! 

4 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

900'000 travellers in total (in, out or in/out?) could be an AOT figure which include Thai nationals, expatriates working as well as all the transit passengers changing planes in Bangkok, i.e. coming from somewhere and continuing their journey to a third country. 
The domestic figure is irrelevant as some (like me) fly weekly domestically for work and I am not alone. 

We're talking tourism figures and some government offices blowing their own trumpet - as usual. 

I didn't notice that I posted the wrong link, sorry! There's another link that comprises spreadsheets that contain the formatted raw data at a granular level. From those sheets it's easy to see how many people boarded and deplaned, how many were transits, domestic, international, Thai, foreign etc., all the information you need is right there I guess the report I did post is derived from those sheets. I have no special reason to try and track down that link plus I have other more pressing things to do but others might have time and want to, it's under AOT somewhere. You might start with, "Thailand AOT passenger movements report by airport 2022", or similar. I did reconcile the TAT figures once which that spreadsheet allows you to do, it turned out their numbers did have a basis in fact. and I got very close the 14 million they claimed. But you also have to factor in the other airports that are not AOT operated and which operate intentional flights.