Fungal Infection-Medication doesn't seem to work.

khaepmu

I have had a fungal infection or crotch rock for about 2 weeks. Have been using Canasone, ( contains clotrimazole) a commercial cream, and an oral medication called Nora. I had the same type symptoms last year and I used  Canasone which was highly recommended but only offered partial relief. I went to the chemist and she suggested Nora, an antifungal pill. and within  a few days the fungus totally disappeared. But this time around both medications aren't helping much. Any suggestions?

Make sure you are ruthless:

- change your towels every day

- change bed linen every day 

- change underwear twice a day (if you go outdoors, shower and change underwear again)

- minimise sweating by avoiding exertion or going outdoors 

- vary your medication (there are lots of varieties to buy)

-escalate by taking anti-fungal pills 

-be persistent with the cream. At least 4 weeks.

Vinegar.  Plain, clear vinegar.  Generously splash the affected area twice a day.

Also fresh air and sunlight, which may be easier said than done.

There is a soap called Aesepso, available everywhere.  Sometimes it works wonders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For fungal issues, this product is very effective: Thorne Undecylenic Acid

I used it for ringworm and other ongoing fungal issues and it did the trick where other more common anti-fungals were not effective. You can get it on iHerb, Amazon and on Lazada - but will pay more for it in Thailand than if you buy it online from the USA.

Edited by mstevens
  • Like 1

Lamisil or Canesten cream.  But then again, if the Canasone isn't doing the trick, I'd go to a dermatologist at a local hospital and let them have a look. 

Edited by connda
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fungus Fix Number One---

Buy an electric hair dryer and use it to send warm dry air into the places the sun doesnt shine.

Fungus Fix Number Two---

Buy an electric hair dryer and use it to send warm dry air into the places the sun doesnt shine.

Sorry but that is important

I am old and have suffered with fungal itches for years, fixed with ointments, steroids doctors etc. But the one absolute cure that I realised in the last 2 years is to use a handheld hair dryer as an air dryer and dry off after a shower with a blast of warm dry air into the areas that fungus grows in armpits, crotch, etc

Fungus only grows in dark wet places, warm air blasts those places totally dry, fungus cant grow.

If you already have a fungus infection it is growing inside the top layer of the skin not on the top of the skin. So it needs washing out (which is not scrubbing or breaking the skin) but with soap and warm water a good lengthy massaging wash of the area effected.

Once you have a fungus infection you will try anything to stop the itch. Using an air dryer on the skin will stop the fungus before it even starts.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, connda said:

Lamisil or Canesten cream.  But then again, if the Canasone isn't doing the trick, I'd go to a dermatologist at a local hospital and let them have a look. 

This. It is possible it is nto fungal this time but something else.

Also is it possible you are diabetic? As that makes healing fungal infections more challenging, especially if blood sugar is nto well controlled.

5 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

This. It is possible it is nto fungal this time but something else.

Also is it possible you are diabetic? As that makes healing fungal infections more challenging, especially if blood sugar is nto well controlled.

As far as I know I am not diabetic. If it is not a fungus I wonder what it could be. It seems to have the typical symptoms of  fungus and the symptoms are similar to what I had before when the medication I used cured it in less than a week.  It is only in my crotch area. Thanks for your reply.

2 hours ago, Tedkhon said:

Fungus only grows in dark wet places, warm air blasts those places totally dry, fungus cant grow.

Not true, my pal had ringworm on his cheeks.

He also had HIV, as Sheryl suggests, odd skin complaints that won't go away are one of the first signs.

Edited by BritManToo

• 2 weeks later...

None of the fungal creams ever worked for me except for ringworm. Nail fungus (amount other skin ailments) were only cured using 2 home remedies. For those dark places, Listerine Original (not the flavored), or rubbing alcohol. For nails, a soak in bleach for 3 minutes a day was amazing. Dilute with water if needed. It was VERY effective. I tried vinegar, it didn't work. 

6 hours ago, scoutman360 said:

None of the fungal creams ever worked for me except for ringworm. Nail fungus (amount other skin ailments) were only cured using 2 home remedies. For those dark places, Listerine Original (not the flavored), or rubbing alcohol. For nails, a soak in bleach for 3 minutes a day was amazing. Dilute with water if needed. It was VERY effective. I tried vinegar, it didn't work. 

Bleaching your nails is brave. I'd suggest tea tree oil might be a much less harmful but very effective treatment.