Applying for Tourist e-Visa after 3 years of ED visas

You would  be applying for the visa to the Thai embassy in your home country not immigration here. I sure you will not have a problem getting it.

I am sure immigration will not make a problem when entering the country.

Immigration have basically put a stop to land border bounces for those deemed to be living in Thailand on 'incorrect visas'. Eg you would not have been able to to a quick visa exempt border hop through Cambodia after 3 years on ed visas.

You will have zero issue obtaining a METV from your home consulate. The longer you spend outside of Thailand will lessen the chances of being questioned on the way back in.

10 hours ago, mockingbird said:

Immigration have basically put a stop to land border bounces for those deemed to be living in Thailand on 'incorrect visas'.

Based on what info you have ?

I doubt there is a blanket ban of any sort, only hassles at various already known crossings....

31 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

Based on what info you have ?

I doubt there is a blanket ban of any sort, only hassles at various already known crossings....

Based on my own very recent experience, and of others reported here.

I was in a similar position to the OP and was told by various visa run agencies that a border hop to any of the Cambodian borders was impossible, and that the Laos borders were very risky.