Question about Airasia Extra Luggage

Joeski

On the Airasia website it says you can pay for upto 40Kg of extra baggage which is 1235 Baht if you prepay. Airasia used to have a good online customer services chat facility. Last few times I visited there website this feature wasnt available. Does anyone know if you have 5 bags weighing 8Kg each is okay or is there a limit on the number of bags that can make up the 40Kg. 

21 minutes ago, Joeski said:

Does anyone know if you have 5 bags weighing 8Kg each is okay or is there a limit on the number of bags that can make up the 40Kg. 

Being a Budget airline my guess is 1 (maybe 2) checked in bag only.

If you are flying domestically just send it by Kerry that is what we did with our excess luggage.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Being a Budget airline my guess is 1 (maybe 2) checked in bag only.

If you are flying domestically just send it by Kerry that is what we did with our excess luggage.

Or Thai Post, or a bus.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Exactly this.... 

When flying in to Phuket to ‘for Sandbox quarantine’ I had 40 kgs...   I didn’t want to pay the Thai Airways excess baggage on my flight up to Bangkok to dropped one of the bags off at Kerry Express a couple of days before the flight. The Bag arrived the following day... I can’t remember exactly how much it was, but it was only a few hundred baht for 20kgs (in one bag which I managed to ‘stuff’ inside a cardboard box*)

(*Note: there are size limits - the parcel / package has to be smaller than their largest box).

• Like 1

AFAIK AirAsia sells the check-in baggage per kilograms, not per piece, except when flying from/to US. The only limit is individual piece can't be more than 32kg. Recently they introduced extra add-on cabin baggage option as well, bringing the max cabin baggage to 14 kg.

Jetstar Australia has pretty much the same options.

The charges are per sector, so if you are flying domestic and have more than one sector, it is way cheaper to send it with Kerry, as other posters mentioned.

• Like 1

AFAIK AirAsia sells the check-in baggage per kilograms, not per piece, except when flying from/to US. The only limit is individual piece can't be more than 32kg. Recently they introduced extra add-on cabin baggage option as well, bringing the max cabin baggage to 14 kg.

Jetstar Australia has pretty much the same options.

The charges are per sector, so if you are flying domestic and have more than one sector, it is way cheaper to send it with Kerry, as other posters mentioned.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Or Thai Post, or a bus.

Of course, but we like Kerry. We send the stuff in the morning while we drove to the airport in BKK and following morning at 11am Kerry called and delivered it to our house in Buriram ????????

• Like 2