AIS, DTAC or TrueMove for best coverage?

Stekmer

I used to buy an AIS sim after arrial in Bangkok and got generally good reception in the north and nort east.

For my trip in February, I'm thinking of using KLOOK to buy a sim card for collection at Don Muang Airport but they offer only DTAC or TrueMove sim cards.
Travel plans are Bangkok to Ubon Ratchathani, Mukdahan and Nakhin Phanom.

Will DTAC or TrueMove provide decent data and call network connection - or - do I stick with AIS and buy the day after arrival?
A general Google search shows reports (variable) mainly for tle popukar tourist spots.

I'd really value comments based on local experience in the places I'm travelling to.

Edited by Stekmer

3 hours ago, Stekmer said:

Travel plans are Bangkok to Ubon Ratchathani, Mukdahan and Nakhin Phanom.

Will DTAC or TrueMove provide decent data and call network connection - or - do I stick with AIS and buy the day after arrival?

No need to buy 'the day after'.

At Suvarnabhumi, you can buy at any of the kiosks that AIS and DTAC have in the aisles coming from the jetways before immigration. However, they tend to be very busy so best bet is to buy at AIS or DTAC booths inside baggage claim area after immigration. My mate followed this advice and AIS had his UK phone on a 30-day data package before his bags arrived on the carousel. The AIS, DTAC and True shops after you exit Customs is the last option to get connected before you leave the airport.

PS: You can't go far wrong with either AIS or DTAC. True?...mehhh.

Edited by NanLaew

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Thanks for the information.????
I'm flying into DMK  (which would presumably have similar options) so I will keep an eye out.
The sim deals that Klook have (DMK only) are appealing - but - good coverage is also appealing.????

My primary SIM is AIS.

Second one DTAC for internet on the road.

And DTAC almost everywhere has lower signal strength than AIS.

Short outages during trips up here to Khon Kaen and Udon with DTAC.

I am quite certain that AIS still has better coverage.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

My primary SIM is AIS.

Second one DTAC for internet on the road.

I've since found a couple of comparison websites that report network coverage and it does sound as though AIS is the better option. Having said that, the other 2 seem to rate not that far behind.
I got a really good deal (A$2.70 - after A$5 promo discount ) on TruemoveH from Klook with 100 baht call inclusions, cheaper IDD code and unlimited data for 16 days - so I'll start with that and see how it goes.

Edited by Stekmer

13 minutes ago, Stekmer said:

I've since found a couple of comparison websites that report network coverage and it does sound as though AIS is the better option. Having said that, the other 2 seem to rate not that far behind.
I got a really good deal (A$2.70 - after A$5 promo discount ) on TruemoveH from Klook with 100 baht call inclusions, cheaper IDD code and unlimited data for 16 days - so I'll start with that and see how it goes.

A$2.70? Are you sure? Post a link to the offer?

Closest found is this: https://www.klook.com/th/activity/74427-truemoveh-thailand-tourist-sim-card/

Either way, if you pay 62 baht for it, you’ll certainly get some value out of it. 1GB per day is enough for casual phone usage. 

Edited by NextG