Extension based on marriage, under 400k in bank account

50 minutes ago, puchooay said:

You are correct. An extension of stay based on being a parent negates the need to keep money in the bank for months.

It only requires 400k on day of application.

As pointed out earlier the OP has not contributed or stated that he has Thai child.

In addition very unlikely that immigration office would permit change from extension based on marriage to based on support Thai child while still married.

Edited by DrJack54

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

As pointed out earlier the OP has not contributed or stated that he has Thai child.

Having read the whole topic I have to agree. The OP did not mention children.

However, someone else asked the question.

On topics like this, where the OP clearly lacks knowledge with regards to immigration rules, I think it is a  good idea to ask further questions of the OP in order to possibly throw additional options into the mix.

Edited by youreavinalaff

23 hours ago, puchooay said:

You are correct. An extension of stay based on being a parent negates the need to keep money in the bank for months.

@puchooay: thanks for the support. I shared this from personal experience, but as per usual this forum gets its normal collection of obnoxious know-it-alls who stand on their pedestals and think they know better. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/22/2023 at 8:32 PM, Garry said:

Do you have children together? Immigration is a lot more lenient for an extension of stay based on support of your children and you can still be married.

I don't see how he'll get an extension without the money though 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Not from my experience.

2 months in the bank.

Requirements for extension based on parent of Thai child vary from various immigration offices.

Some would only require 400 on day of application for extension.

As I posted earlier in this thread I doubt immigration would allow him to switch from based on marriage to based on support of Thai child while still married.

In any event I didn't notice OP mention that he has Thai child.