Dtac store in Pattaya

sitta

7 minutes ago, NextG said:

Don’t worry, just pop into any DTAC service centre or anywhere you can get a new DTAC SIM, top up with at least 200 baht and then apply *104*577# using the keypad. Complete the sequence by pressing the Call key. This will apply Unlimited data at 15 Mbps + Free calls to all networks. 200 baht per 30 days. If you want it to continue after the first month, just top up another 200 baht. 

I got one on Lazada last year, 20Mb/s, unlimited for 12 months @ Bht 1450.

2 hours ago, NextG said:

A bit expensive for three months of usage…

Now they have 15 Mbps and 30 Mbps; 1390 and 1690 respectively. 

Sorry, no comprendez. I got 12 months for Bht 1250. You say that's a bit expensive and quote 1390 & 1690. For how long and what speed is unknown.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Sorry, no comprendez. I got 12 months for Bht 1250. You say that's a bit expensive and quote 1390 & 1690. For how long and what speed is unknown.

I meant that is expensive if you buy a 12 month package but use it for just 3 months. 

“Kongkrapan SIM 10 Mbps Unlimited data 10Mbps  + Free Call to all Network” is sold in bundles of 3,6 and 12 months. 
They tried to register for the three month option for 540 baht. 

15 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Store!  Customer Service?

There is one upstairs Kiosk D-Tac soon to merge with True of Big C extra,  Opposite the coffee cafe, across from the Big C, food entrance, across from the Siam Commercial Bank, across from the AIS office, across from True.

DTAC shops and service centres should be fine for availability. I think there’s still a shop in Central Festival too. 

26 minutes ago, NextG said:

It’s Tukcom. What do you want them to do there? It’s not sold there. 

AF21D9CF-C3A3-407F-B4F7-BEEBDB9F4C14.thumb.png.1529db98e4633dd641333491841a04ba.png16F93B8F-A953-4E82-96FB-C8F4016689F0.thumb.png.ed16d72266340b25e0fa85a1a8cceab1.png

Sorry, can't resist. You're correct in one sense, but it's another endlessly mispronounced place name by foreigners. The Thai spelling of the first word is ตึก, which means building, and is pronounced roughly "dirk", but as a very short syllable. So Comms building. "Tut com" might mean bitter bum, "tuk com" every com.

Delete/ignore as desired...

Edited by bradiston

16 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Sorry, can't resist. You're correct in one sense, but it's another endlessly mispronounced place name by foreigners. The Thai spelling of the first word is ตึก, which means building, and is pronounced roughly "dirk", but as a very short syllable. So Comms building. "Tut com" might mean bitter bum, "tuk com" every com.

Delete/ignore as desired...

image.jpeg.a047cab8dbf2423e712ab8cbed7e0666.jpeg

23 minutes ago, bradiston said:

That's just the trans misliteration. The vowel    ึ in ตึก is not a "u". It's nearer to "er".

The letters are what are in the sign and are what have been reproduced here. That is what the readers can and will recognise. The pronunciation is another matter entirely; though very useful for anyone asking a local for directions ????

Just now, NextG said:

The letters are what are in the sign and are what have been reproduced here. That is what the readers can and will recognise. The pronunciation is another matter entirely; though very useful for anyone asking a local for directions ????

I understand that your points. But the fault lies with the advertising company for wrongly transliterating. Not difficult to pronounce "derk" so why write it as "tuk". Anyway, I take your point and I've taken up more than my share of off topic space!

• Haha 1