Drivers license renewal

1happykamper

I need to renew my 5 year license. First time for me in Pattaya... Will I get my license on the first visit.... Or just an appointment to return? Is there an online appointment system? 

I already have taken the online eDLT class. 

Best kind of places for the medical certificate... I really want to avoid hospitals. Clinics? 

Thanks for your help. 

If already took the e-learning class & 'trained', then follow the rest of the instructions on the site for your DLT office.  My local online site told me what, when, where & how.

I got my med cert from a clinic, but elsewhere so can't recommend a local one for you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just about any clinic in Pattaya for medical, should not be more than B150. I used recently......

Chanya Medical Clinic Jomtien,

481/10-11 Thappraya Road The Hanuman Statue Jomtien Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20260

Hours:

Open ⋅ Closes 6 PM

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I did mine at Pattaya last year and as mentioned, you need an appointment on your first visit.

I go to the clinic on Soi Buakhow for med cert. 100 bt. but all the clinics provide them.

You will also need a residency certificate from Immigration. If my memory serves me correctly it cost 300bt.

They said come back in one hour so I went in a bar further down the soi for a drink and when I returned it was ready.

2 hours ago, cauldlad said:

I did mine at Pattaya last year and as mentioned, you need an appointment on your first visit.

I go to the clinic on Soi Buakhow for med cert. 100 bt. but all the clinics provide them.

You will also need a residency certificate from Immigration. If my memory serves me correctly it cost 300bt.

They said come back in one hour so I went in a bar further down the soi for a drink and when I returned it was ready.

res cert is free..... they try charge because popel keep offering them cash...  ask for a real receipt..  less they do they might stop with the corruption

• Thanks 1

Just now, Seeall said:

res cert is free..... they try charge because popel keep offering them cash...  ask for a real receipt..  less they do they might stop with the corruption

2 hours ago, cauldlad said:

Officially a Residence Certificate is provided free of charge by the Immigration Office. 

And indeed I did not have to pay for it at my friendly SiSaKet Imm Office, and they handed it to me within 10 minutes.  However, they only provide it when you have an official request form issued by the office that needs it for the service you want to apply for.  Also that filled-in request form by the DLT of SiSaKet , needed to get that Res Cert was free of charge. 

The clinic health certificate was 60,- THB, and the 2 thai driver permit cards (one for car, one for motorcycle) were 320,- THB.  Everything with a smile.

Living in the sticks has its benefits...

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Seppius said:

Just about any clinic in Pattaya for medical, should not be more than B150. I used recently......

Chanya Medical Clinic Jomtien,

481/10-11 Thappraya Road The Hanuman Statue Jomtien Bang Lamung District, Chon Buri 20260

Hours:

Open ⋅ Closes 6 PM

11 hours ago, Seppius said:

I used them as well in the past and was in and out in about 10 minutes.  Close to Jomtien immigration if you need to get resident letter you.  Since you have to wait a bit for the letter easy to do the medical during the waiting time.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Seeall said:

Not if you want it the same day in Pattaya they aren't. I heard that if you are prepared to wait an unspecified longer time in some locations free ones could be had.... but I don't see that happening in Pattaya.. right little earner they have there. 

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 2:27 PM, taninthai said:

Thanks for this these guys are not to bad ,super quick delivery free Xmas gift of 2 g and it arrived Xmas day.

there weed actually has some fragrance and aroma to it,definitely some of the better stuff I have bought at more realistic prices.

still not super strong but mix the different strains up a bit(cocktail) and it’s does the job. 
Im gonna get a bong cut the Tabasco out and see what pure bong hits like.

On 12/28/2022 at 1:24 PM, AhFarangJa said:

They found him a bar, for a fee.

On 1/11/2023 at 2:42 PM, Jerno said:

Police: what to do, what to do?   Hmmm....charge driver with interrupting noodle meal?  Excessive noise from the crash?  (Pass us the brown envelope and we'll call it a day.)

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Not if you want it the same day in Pattaya they aren't. I heard that if you are prepared to wait an unspecified longer time in some locations free ones could be had.... but I don't see that happening in Pattaya.. right little earner they have there. 

Well i guess you Pattaya guys need something to slow you down as you have all those lovely girls there...

19 hours ago, biervoormij said:

I have recently read that you no longer need an appointment but not sure I believe it.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/walk-in-driving-license-services-now-available-in-thailand

Copied from your link ,

Anyone wanting to renew their Thai driving license can obtain an ‘eLearning’ theoretical training certificate through the DLT’s website, which also has a “for foreigner” option.

To renew your license, bring your ‘eLearning’ certification and medical certificate to any transport office in the country. You are not required to book an appointment.

Thanks for the link but I guess that the proof of the pudding is in the eating , does seem to be too good to be true but wait and see if we get any info from those who try to get a licence renewal this way

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Could someone post link to eTDL class.

The one I found just asked couple of simple questions and gave me a pass and Q code.

Can't be the correct one. 

Ta. 

https://www.dlt-elearning.com/

Is the link to watch the videos and a few simple question. It asked questions sometimes in the middle of the video to make sure you are still there. Turns out I did not need to do this. I was going from a 2 year to 5 year license and the lady said you only have to watch the video every 5 years.

5 minutes ago, biervoormij said:

I was going from a 2 year to 5 year license and the lady said you only have to watch the video every 5 years.

Thankyou.

I'm also going from 2 to 5 year license.

Will check out the link you provided.

Ta!