Banks with proper descriptions in the bank statement

8 hours ago, ubonr1971 said:

To clarify, are they saying that at the end of jan I will not be able to go to the url www.ktb site on my laptop. But still use the ktb next app on my phone. Is this correct?

That is my understanding, yes.

18 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Never knew there was a World Wide standard.

Proper description would be something like “Rimping Supermarket” (KTB) rather than “Debit Card Spending” (KBank) or even worse “004999117992759” (SCB).

The first shows where I used my card where the latter two just show the amount, although for KBank, it also tells me about the payment method, but 99% of transactions will just show “QR Transfer Deposit”.

Edited by lkn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mrwebb8825 said:

You could try something really old fashioned like, keeping the receipt. :wai:

There is no obvious receipt for my automatic debits (water and electricity), phone top-ups, subscriptions (Netflix, iCloud, etc.), services (Grab), not to mention transfers to/from third parties, PromptPay (“Scan&Go”), etc.

But even if there were, I have > 100 transactions per month. I just want a proper bank statement that can be imported and automatically classified based on the description field, rather than reading through 100+ receipts each month to manually enter and classify everything.

What I am asking for is pretty standard, but apparently not among Thai banks.

I too import bank transactions and I use Krungsri Bank (Bank of Ayudhaya) online banking.

They recently changed their statements and they were rubbish. After lots of emails, complaints etc they finally added a bit of common sense.

This is what I see on my private account. The business account is slightly better but that will change in 6 months apparently.

It is a bit messy putting it into the spreadsheet but doable.

12/01/2023 11:31 Transfer Deposit
Balance MOBILE BBL From Acc No. : X263470
12/01/2023 14:01 Transfer Withdrawal
Balance INTERNET BAY To Acc No. : X111698
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2023 at 8:08 PM, ubonr1971 said:

To clarify, are they saying that at the end of jan I will not be able to go to the url www.ktb site on my laptop. But still use the ktb next app on my phone. Is this correct?

They have shut down their Internet Banking for good.