1 year extension TM7 query

Hi fellow forum members,

I need to do my (3rd) 1 year extension at immigration soon, so currently getting documents ready.

In short, my memory is getting really poor with age (and years of substance abuse, perhaps!). I know there is a rule about filling in the TM7 form in a particular colour ink - either blue or black, but I just can't remember, with enough certainty, which one.

Blue or black?

Help would be appreciated. ????

(PS: sorry to clutter the forum with such apparently trivial stuff, but my particular immigration office seems to delight in finding minor faults in my applications each year. Don't want to give them that pleasure this year. ????)

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That can depend upon the office where you apply at.

At many offices it doesn't matter which of the 2 colors you use.

Thanks, ubonjoe. 

I use the the Korat office and they do seem to have strict rules about little things like this!

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Blue. 

Which immigration office. 

If you download form print it double sided to be on safe side. 

Grab blank spare of TM7 just in case io has any silly hoop.

Blue. Right! ????

Thanks, DrJack. Good advice! ????

(It's the Korat office, btw. They do seem to have quite strict rules! ????)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Have not used pen ink in more than a decade - computer copy is fine.  But believe they want blue ink if using that method.

As @ubonjoe has stated different offices different needs.

Phitsanulok was fine with the computer copy but my nearest office is Phetchabun and immediately said no must be hand written, also they will not accept the downloaded forms as they have preprinted their own forms which have all the various coloured stamps included, that is from my direct experience, others have not had the same "guidance" from them like the "must use blue ink".

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Phitsanulok was fine with the computer copy but my nearest office is Phetchabun and immediately said no must be hand written, also they will not accept the downloaded forms as they have preprinted their own forms which have all the various coloured stamps included, that is from my direct experience, others have not had the same "guidance" from them like the "must use blue ink".

I always used a Printed Copy (saved in my PC and only change the date) for our IO (Buriram) and has always been accepted, but it's correct what you wrote TiT.

Just in case the IO doesn't accept the Printed copy, DON'T glue the Picture to the form but wait until the IO accepts the Form and then attach the picture.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Just in case the IO doesn't accept the Printed copy,....

If that's a possibility as per one post above already then why bother.

Print the TM7 and fill it in by hand. 

2 minutes tops! 

Edited by DrJack54

6 hours ago, MJCM said:

I always used a Printed Copy (saved in my PC and only change the date) for our IO (Buriram) and has always been accepted, but it's correct what you wrote TiT.

Just in case the IO doesn't accept the Printed copy, DON'T glue the Picture to the form but wait until the IO accepts the Form and then attach the picture.

I will ask them if a printed copy is ok, for the following year. ????

1 hour ago, Lamphen said:

I use Buriram main IO and they insists on blue ink.

Blue seems to be what they prefer. 

(Fair enough, I suppose. Only reason I can think of of is that the blue stands out against the black and thus easier to read. Who knows.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Mate, went there today for a Thai wife extension, and not like last year where we had to hand write 2 x TM7. They do not trust you to get it correct. They send you to another counter where someone will write it out, by their hand, from what they have on the computer. For a fee, of course.

But you cannot sign anything until you are directed by the IMO. So it changes every year and the new office seemed to be under staffed.

7 minutes ago, GreasyFingers said:

If you look at the post quoted, may be too difficult for you, it was Phetchabun.

No need for rudeness.

The point is OP deals with Korat.

Various offices have different requirements.

Your experience with Phetchabun is bit irrelevant as would be my experience at CW. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No need for rudeness.

The point is OP deals with Korat.

Various offices have different requirements.

Your experience with Phetchabun is bit irrelevant as would be my experience at CW. 

So you are an expert for CW only. Keep your advice to that IO.

7 hours ago, Lamphen said:

I use Buriram main IO and they insists on blue ink.

2 weeks ago (almost) retirement extension Buriram IO (new building), printed TM7 (in black) (1 page front and back) and accepted no issue.

Funny note, the reason you have to type, I am still using the same one which I used when I was still on Marriage extensions :whistling:

6 hours ago, Toolong said:

I will ask them if a printed copy is ok, for the following year. ????

Don’t ask. Just give it to them and see if they refuse. I did my extension (almost 2 weeks ago) and TM7 printed (in black) was accepted. (Of course TiT)

but do make sure that you print the form on 1 page (front and back) and NOT 2 different pages 

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MJCM said:

Don’t ask. Just give it to them and see if they refuse. I did my extension (almost 2 weeks ago) and TM7 printed (in black) was accepted. (Of course TiT)

but do make sure that you print the form on 1 page (front and back) and NOT 2 different pages 

'Don't ask'. ????

I think I know why you say that. With the tendency for rules to be different for different offices, even different staff members in the same office, from year to year......sometimes you just can't depend on whatever they say anyway, so like you suggest, asking isn't always as helpful as you hope it might be! 

(But tbh, printed or handwritten.....'don't amount to a hill o' beans' to me, anyway!)

But thanks for your help. ????????

• Like 1

1st week of january did my Extension at CW. forms can be print out from previous records just need to change the date on the form, what is important is your signature must be in blue ink and your handwriting, not copy or paste. good luck brother. 

16 hours ago, lagarto said:

1st week of january did my Extension at CW. forms can be print out from previous records just need to change the date on the form, what is important is your signature must be in blue ink and your handwriting, not copy or paste. good luck brother. 

Thank you, lagarto. ????????