Non OA max days outside?

No limit.

Obviously you need to reenter prior to expiry of your non O-A. 

Not sure if you actually have valid non O-A or are on extensions.

If you have valid non O-A you can obtain an extra 12 months of stay by exit and reenter just prior to expiry.

Note that in this "second year" you would need to buy reentry permit along with insurance. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No limit.

Obviously you need to reenter prior to expiry of your non O-A. 

Not sure if you actually have valid non O-A or are on extensions.

If you have valid non O-A you can obtain an extra 12 months of stay by exit and reenter just prior to expiry.

Note that in this "second year" you would need to buy reentry permit along with insurance. 

Thank you. I have a Non OA, multi-entry visa.

So you mean that after the first year the visa conditions change? I thought I just reapply showing proof of funds and insurance and I'm extended for another year, and so on.

6 minutes ago, Nert said:

Thank you. I have a Non OA, multi-entry visa.

So you mean that after the first year the visa conditions change? I thought I just reapply showing proof of funds and insurance and I'm extended for another year, and so on.

A non O-A visa has a validity of one year from issue.

Every time that you exit and reenter during that period you will receive a 12 month stamp.

If you exit and reenter just prior to expiry of the non O-A visa you will be stamped in for 12 months.

In that 12 months it's not a visa it's a permission of stay and you would need to buy a reentry permit if you wish to exit and return. 

You would also need to buy insurance for that "extra year" .

After that you either obtain annual extensions or return to home country and obtain a new non O-A 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

In that 12 months it's not a visa it's a permission of stay and you would need to buy a reentry permit if you wish to exit and return. 

ThanksX2

For the second year, do I need to buy a reentry permit every time I needed to leave and come back?

Assuming I'd need to keep traveling into the 2nd year...

I'd probably just reapply for the Non OA multi entry extension in Thailand before my Non OA expires. Am I getting that right?

Do you know the cost for the reentry permit vs reapplying for the extension? 

Edited by Nert

Just now, Nert said:

If so, I'd probably just reapply for the Non OA multi entry extension in Thailand before my Non OA expires. Am I getting that right?

First of all reentry permits can be single entry or multiple entry.

1000 and 3800b respectfully.

You would be best served by obtaining the "second year" I mentioned earlier.

An extension from a non O-A would also require a reentry permit.

In addition it has financial requirements that the non O-A visa does not.

Subtle difference but important to understand....your non O-A visa cannot be extended.

You can obtain an extension of your permission to stay. 

To avoid the financial requirements for an extension you would need to obtain a new non O-A in your own country. 

Extensions are obtained in Thailand. 

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Extensions are obtained in Thailand. 

For annual extensions you require a Thai bank account in your name only and have 800k baht in the account for 2 months prior to extention and then maintained for 3 months after extention then not below 400k and back up to 800k for your next extension.

Also you would require insurance.

If your plan is to live ongoing in Thailand you are best to kill off the non O-A and obtain a non O.

The financials for extension is the same but extensions from a non O does not require insurance. 

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If your plan is to live ongoing in Thailand you are best to kill off the non O-A and obtain a non O.

The financials for extension is the same but extensions from a non O does not require insurance. 

Why would I want to live here without health insurance? The Non OA health insurance requirement is effectively catastrophic coverage. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nert said:

Why would I want to live here without health insurance? The Non OA health insurance requirement is effectively catastrophic coverage. 

Up to you.

Many folk aquire their own insurance independent of specified visa requirements. 

As stated many folk have killed off their non O-A and obtained a non O with extensions.

Insurance is a separate matter and many of those make their own arrangements.

Research wouldn't hurt. 

Thread with some discussion regarding insurance. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1263789-non-immigrant-oa-visa-health-insurance/

Edited by DrJack54