Why do poor Thai people have cctv (in their bedroom)

Peterw42

A recent observation, I always see lots of clips on TV, social media etc. usually something like people sleeping in their bed, a snake, a centipede, a ghost etc.

The things I dont get, these people are obviously not well off, sleeping the whole family on the floor, in a dumpy room etc.

WHY do they have cctv (when the kids probably dont have shoes), and why do they have it in their bedroom, recording themselves sleeping.

Edited by Peterw42

CCTV can be extremely inexpensive.  Most of the vids you see, seem to be just that, as very low quality.  I have CCTV cams that cost <500 that's a lot better quality of some things I've seen.  Can get HD, 2k or 4k for about <1000 baht now.

I do question those folks with a 20k baht phone that don't have running drinking water or flush toilet ????

8 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

CCTV can be extremely inexpensive.  Most of the vids you see, seem to be just that, as very low quality.  I have CCTV cams that cost <500 that's a lot better quality of some things I've seen.  Can get HD, 2k or 4k for about <1000 baht now.

I do question those folks with a 20k baht phone that don't have running drinking water or flush toilet ????

and their reply is ?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I do question those folks with a 20k baht phone that don't have running drinking water or flush toilet

I don't have running drinking water, I just order 30 cases of Nestle every time I'm running low and use it for everything from coffee, cooking and just general water drinking.

30 cases = 1650 Baht - pocket change but a whole load of space taken up by the bottles when they arrive.

On 1/26/2023 at 4:57 PM, KhunLA said:

When I lived in the village, family wasn't poor, but no flush toilet or hot shower. Didn't have a bum gun till I put one in.

They are just not regarded as essential.

Flush toilets are never "essential", just the bum gun.

On 1/27/2023 at 10:38 AM, ukrules said:

I don't have running drinking water, I just order 30 cases of Nestle every time I'm running low and use it for everything from coffee, cooking and just general water drinking.

30 cases = 1650 Baht - pocket change but a whole load of space taken up by the bottles when they arrive.

I never ever drank unfiltered tap water in LOS. Used to buy the big bottles from 7 11.