Coming back to Thailand on a Visa exemption scheme this year - ask for advice

Hello everyone

I wonder if you can give me an advice on this.
I am going back home to Europe for a couple of months and then come back to Thailand on Visa exempt.

Because I have been accumulating a couple of COVID visas and now I am on NON-O ED extension (learning Thai), 
I would want to minimise the chances of being questioned by Thai immigration on my way back in.

[Question]
What would you consider to be the best route for me to come back to Thailand this year.
By flight from Europe to Laos and then land crossing possibly using an Agent for VIP entry, maybe? 

After a few months back home, you shouldn't have any real problems returning. In case you do get questioned, make sure you meet all the requirements for entering Thailand.

Using an agent would ensure smooth sailing, so if you value peace of mind over money, there you go.

Personally I wouldn't like flying a detour after an already lengthy trip. So unless you'd enjoy spending some time in Laos before coming to Thailand, that looks like the worst option to me.

• Like 1

I'm not sure using an agent would be a good idea given the current bad publicity about such services after the idiotic Chinese tourist chose to video it and share it on social media.

Why not apply for a SETV in your home country? You can be pretty much guaranteed a smooth entry if you do.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, matteo73 said:

By flight from Europe to Laos and then land crossing possibly using an Agent for VIP entry, maybe? 

If entering by land from Vientiane, you will not need to do anything else that is special. You would receive a visa exempt entry without so much as a flicker of interest from the official.

If entering by air at Suvarnabhumi, your entry is probably still going to be uneventful, but you might run into questioning if you hit the wrong official.

• Thumbs Up 1

I did 12 months in covid extensions, went home for 5 months and came back yesterday with evisa. She did ask a lot more questions than I’ve ever been asked before (to see my onward travel, plans when here, what I do for her work etc) but then did get in no problems. I’d recommend getting an evisa too as added security I think they are more hesitant to refuse these. There seemed to be a lot more grilling of entrants all round not just me. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kevinphall said:

I did 12 months in covid extensions, went home for 5 months and came back yesterday with evisa. She did ask a lot more questions than I’ve ever been asked before (to see my onward travel, plans when here, what I do for her work etc) but then did get in no problems. I’d recommend getting an evisa too as added security I think they are more hesitant to refuse these. There seemed to be a lot more grilling of entrants all round not just me. 

At what airport did you arrive here in Thailand exactly?

5 minutes ago, Kevinphall said:

BKK

Alright at Bangkok: Suvarnabhumi Airport (international airport)
So she only asked questions and no additional proof documents such as return ticket, hotel booking and proof of funds, right? only questions

Edited by matteo73
grammar

3 minutes ago, matteo73 said:

Alright at Bangkok: Suvarnabhumi Airport (international airport)
So she only asked questions and no additional proof documents such as return ticket, hotel booking and proof of funds, right? only questions

She did ask to see the onward flight but the rest of the were just questions - didn’t ask for proof. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

The important thing is to avoid female immigration officers.

100%! - I was tempted to change queue as noticed this as waiting - but then thought that makes me look more dodge and she had seen I was in her queue. All the females were grilling the guys just stamping away minding their biz thinking what’s for dinner. 

Edited by Kevinphall
  • Thumbs Up 1