1 year visa extension based on marriage - query

Hi guys,

My current extension expires on April 18th. I will be back in Thailand on March 6th and I’m going to apply for another one soon after, but I can’t wait until April 18th to get fresh stamp since I have to leave on April 13th (which is songkran holidays). Can I ask them (Chaengwattana) to have my passport stamped on April 12th just before long holidays ? 
BTW, I don’t remember this from a year before - will I be able to have my passport with me after application or do I have to surrender it ?

cheers, 

Bart

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Retirement or what ??? You can't apply until the old one has expired.

OP title refers to extension based marriage.

He can apply for extension up to 30/45 days prior to expiry of current permit. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Bart1979 said:

Are there any rules how long "under consideration" period suppose to last ?

Thirty days is the standard number of days.

But if your extension isn't approved by the end the 30 days it can be longer.

• Like 1

I recently had the same problem and had to forfeit my flight because I didn't get my stamp in time.   (if I wanted to leave and come back in I would have entered without the visa since it would have expired).

It only took me 2 weeks from submitting to getting the stamp though, so it didn't take too long.  Hopefully it works out for you.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2023 at 1:45 PM, Bart1979 said:

Thanks guys for all replies, yet I still need to know if I can get new extension on a desired date. 

Are there any rules how long "under consideration" period suppose to last ?

I was in a similar position a couple of years ago, mine is a 30 days office and I just went the 4 days early, nothing was said.

If I were you I would go on the 13th March and see what happens, you should get stamp to go back 12th April.

If it doesn't work out it is no big deal to come back on a new visa. I have just done that to change the renewal date, summer months can be real pain.

• Thanks 1

Immigration will give you the date when you have to return to "fung pon" and get your annual visa stamp. The date is usually 30 days from when you apply. For me the "fung pon" date is the same every year. I doubt if you can tell them when you want the date to be. But there's no harm in asking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, renaissanc said:

Immigration will give you the date when you have to return to "fung pon" and get your annual visa stamp. The date is usually 30 days from when you apply. For me the "fung pon" date is the same every year. I doubt if you can tell them when you want the date to be. But there's no harm in asking.

My IO actually call me and say my extension is ready when they get it back from Korat.

Usually 2-3 weeks after I submit it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lazybones said:

I have the same issue. Yes you can apply 30/45 days before but the 30 approval period is from the current extension expiry date, not from the date you apply unless there are emergency circumstances. But...... 

You shouldn't make statements like that without the "office " caveat.

At the office I use the under consideration starts the day you apply and always has done.

The words I used to the OP were "see what happens".

Nothing beats a failure like a failure to try.