How to explain the insurance company that not everyone have insurance to satisfy Immigration

Is there a link from Immigration that explains that extension in Thailand (Non O) based on retirement does not require health insurance that I can send to my insurance company when I start to get fed up that after 5 years of health insurance from them they clearly don't understand that I have insurance with them for the sake of the insurance and not to satisfy Immigration`s requirements.

Thanks

Felt

• Haha 1

If you have health insurance already from a company .  They can’t force you to take insurance you don’t want. If the person you are speaking with keeps insisting, then you should should ask to speak to someone else or a supervisor. 
I can’t imagine an insurance company is insisting their policy holders have to purchase insurance from them to satisfy immigration.  They might offer it to you, even in error.  But they can’t force you to take it.  It’s a private company, not immigration. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

For what's worth, Criteria for Consideration of Granting an Alien's Extension of Stay in the Kingdom Attachment to the Order of Royal Thai Police no. 654/2564 dated December 27, 2021:

Reason of necessity

2.22 In case of retirement

(2) An alien, who has been granted Non-Immigrant Visa "O-A" under the criterion for consideration (6), will be permitted to stay according to the insurance policy term. Each permission shall be granted for no more than 1 year.

Criteria for consideration

(6.2) In case of purchasing foreign insurance or having non-Thai social welfare, it must be certified by a foreign embassy in Thailand or a signature of authorized person on submitted documents (Notary) must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of an applicant. 

This partial instruction comes from an instruction page given to me at CW in August 2022 by IO reviewing my non O-A visa extention request for August 2022- August 2023. 

4 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

For what's worth, Criteria for Consideration of Granting an Alien's Extension of Stay in the Kingdom Attachment to the Order of Royal Thai Police no. 654/2564 dated December 27, 2021:

Reason of necessity

2.22 In case of retirement

(2) An alien, who has been granted Non-Immigrant Visa "O-A" under the criterion for consideration (6), will be permitted to stay according to the insurance policy term. Each permission shall be granted for no more than 1 year.

Criteria for consideration

(6.2) In case of purchasing foreign insurance or having non-Thai social welfare, it must be certified by a foreign embassy in Thailand or a signature of authorized person on submitted documents (Notary) must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of an applicant. 

This partial instruction comes from an instruction page given to me at CW in August 2022 by IO reviewing my non O-A visa extention request for August 2022- August 2023. 

That's for OA. The topic is about O.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why does it matter to you that your Insurance Company faulty thinks that you only did subscribe to their insurance policy for Immigration purposes?

Yes, if they have faulty perception, they will send you e-mails when your policy is about to be renewed that subscribing to their policy is necessary to meet Immigration requirements (while there is no requirement for having such policy for extending a Non Imm O Visa). And they will send you the Certificate which Immigration would ask for in case it was required (only for Non Imm O-A Visa). 

Just ignore their messages mentioning Immigration, and simply renew their insurance policy which you have taken for other reasons than what they presume.

On 1/28/2023 at 9:49 PM, Felt 35 said:

I know its not required and as said I have the Insurance for eventually health issues which I have explained to them. How they come into it....well no idea but if you walk into AXA, Allianz, Pacific cross etc,. the first thing any brosure slung in your face are ads for health insurance that satisfy Immigration so it seems to me that it is a bit difficult for them to think outside the box????

Felt

When I got my health insurance from Pacific Cross, there was never any mention of immigration requirements because the documents I submitted clearly show I live here and therefore there are no insurance requirements needed to satisfy immigration.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Andycoops said:

When I got my health insurance from Pacific Cross, there was never any mention of immigration requirements because the documents I submitted clearly show I live here and therefore there are no insurance requirements needed to satisfy immigration.

When the initial 40k/400k insurance requirement was introduced in October 2019, Pacific Cross did, as I recall, offer a couple of policies which were specifically tailored to this requirement. However their sales team actually encouraged me to opt for one of their mainstream policies instead, which was Immigration-compliant at a significantly lower premium cost (which could, furthermore, be reduced through deductibles which was not, however, possible in the case of the dedicated policies)!

Edited by OJAS

Well, I don't want to "hang anyone on the wall" but there are probably others who have observed that there have been some changes among employees in some health insurance companies both during covid-19 and lately and most likely due to save on employment costs. I'll end the subject there but allow me to say "New dust brooms don't always do a better job than an old ones"

Felt