Importing more than 1 bottle of alcohol

Na Fan

So the rule is that you can get 1 bottle (liter) of alcohol person into the country without having to pay tax.

Say you wanted to bring in 2 bottles, nice ones, and you wouldn't mind paying some sort of tax. What's the process here?

To be perfectly clear:

- Having to pay a fee, OK

- Having the bottle taken away for the customs officer to enjoy with his friends: NOT OK.

Can someone comment who has actually done this before? I couldn't find anything "official" - but I may just have been googling in the wrong language.

Cheers!

14 hours ago, VictorInBKK said:

Just bring whatever you want within reason

His problem would be when he is stopped, if he is.   At that point, or if he declared the items, he'd lose any over the limit.  If there were exceptions to the maximums allowed by paying tax that would be common knowledge.   

20 hours ago, Na Fan said:

I couldn't find anything "official"

The only thing that is official is the maximum that you're allowed to bring in.  It isn't a "maximum but you can bring in more if you pay tax", it's the maximum.   Unless you get a very understanding CO, in a good mood, when you declare the excess, you'll lose it, that's the way Customs' works...officially.

The chances of your walking out through the Green channel without being accosted is very high (unless you appear unusually guilty). 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1