Trump Trashes Electric Vehicles Standing in Front of GOP Governor Who Supports Them

Scott

Donald Trump derided electric vehicles as inefficient and “ridiculous” during a stump speech as South Carolina’s Governor Henry McMaster, a proponent of EVs, stood behind him. The Republican governor invited the former president to the state capitol for an event introducing the Trump campaign’s South Carolina leadership team on Saturday. This was Trump’s second campaign event of the day, following an afternoon speech in New Hampshire.

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I suspect he "fawns" over Musk because he's rich. Trump likes rich people, being one himself.

However, electric vehicles are a separate subject. IMO they are a dead end, like Beta VDO recorders were. Hydrogen is the way to go IMO, and if not for spending most of the research money on EVs we'd likely be converting our existing cars to hydrogen power already.

It's a proven technology, and doesn't rely on scarce raw materials or rare earth.

Does he fawn over George Soros, too?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bendejo said:

Not curious at all.  The fossil fuel industry is not going to sit on it's thumbs while the world shoves it to the wayside.  Paying off politicians in post-Reagan America is the way things work now (it was illegal before then, it was called graft, now it is legal and called "political action committee donations").  DT is just another pocket-stuffing bootlick to Big Industry, like all the other PAC-fed members (or wannabe members) of the gov't.  But on a dollar-per-vote value, DT is the top of the food chain, with so much support by the great unwashed who value his every word.  So powerful that the pols in his party are gutless when it comes to standing up to him.

Now what is curious, IMO, is the way US national news never mentions the vandalism being done to EVs.  Here's a taste, a web search will give you more.

https://www.osvehicle.com/why-are-electric-cars-being-vandalized-more-and-more/

Ford has developed an electric pickup truck that is virtually a power station on wheels, and is so kick-*ss that the thing is massively back-ordered. 

https://www.ford.com/trucks/f150/f150-lightning/2022/

I would not doubt that petro-biz is at this very moment hard at work trying to kill the product in its crib.  I'm sure Fox Talk Channel does not want to lose Ford as a sponsor, let's see how they play through this.

The F-150 Lightning is great, as long as you don't want to use it as a pick up truck.  As soon as you carry something, tow something, it becomes an expensive paperweight. Towing a relatively light trailer dropped the range to 100 miles (with the big battery).   In cold climates, the battery's performance is even worse.  If you use it as a penile extension to go to the golf club or to Walmart, it's a great vehicle. If you want a truck, look elsewhere.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Why would he need to push it home? Is this a common issue for EV owners or is it just a thing in the MAGAsphere?

I'm not sure what the subtext is here, but a very real issue has been that certain EV companies would exaggerate their numbers (like 'miles per charge') and buyers getting stranded when the juice runs out far below estimate.  At this point, I still think of EVs as second cars, and one thing to consider if buying one is arranging for someone you can count on to pick you up when it goes bad.  Maybe things have been improving.

EV just like most every other vehicle from cars to planes to motocycless to bikes to tanks to ships continue to improve with new technology....the first gas cars are a far cry from what they have evolved to....EV and others that use something other than dead plants to propel them will also evolve and in the future people will look back and say how primitive that we burned dead plants to power our transport.

13 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I'm not sure what the subtext is here, but a very real issue has been that certain EV companies would exaggerate their numbers (like 'miles per charge') and buyers getting stranded when the juice runs out far below estimate.  At this point, I still think of EVs as second cars, and one thing to consider if buying one is arranging for someone you can count on to pick you up when it goes bad.  Maybe things have been improving.

Things have been improving. A quick Google search shows that EV ownership is highest in Norway at over 21%. That country is large but with a small population so it's not like if e.g. Luxemburg had been used as an example (tiny country, high population density) - Norwegians obviously have to do a lot of driving. And, equally obviously, if they all had to have a stand-by driver ready the ownership would never have reached such numbers.

Electric car use by country

Edited by Phoenix Rising

Great speech and kick off to his campaign in SC with Trump being endorsed by Mcmaster  . Mc even made a speech  and giggled when Mr. Trump teased  about EV.

The rino Lynsey Graham was even there . Im guessing Mc already knew Trumps position on EV .His  EV views have been around for sometime! 
Mc is promoting business while securing jobs in all kinds of industries including electric!

SC is the largest exporter of all kinds of vehicles  combined ! You won’t see SC banning new sales of gasoline powered vehicles , or  making mandates like some dem run states.

https://www.worldstopexports.com/south-carolinas-top-10-exports

Edited by riclag

39 minutes ago, bendejo said:

It was mainly Musk exaggerating the range of his cars. Who would have thought?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/tesla-fined-2-2m-exaggerating-driving-range-vehicles-report

• Like 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

I guess you believe sales of EVS are skyrocketing because people need the exercise.

I would imagine states like texas would have difficulty selling evs because of the uncertainty of the electric grid being down when cold weather arrives. As for Mr spur heels this man we must admire he would never push cr*p 

Screenshot_20230130_070440_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 2

Just now, vandeventer said:

Yes but you only had to push it to the nearest service station not all the way home.

You only have to push an EV to the next charging station which will soon be the next service station. It won't be long before automobile associations have this covered as well. Meantime, many electric cars have longer ranges than petrol cars.

• Like 1