Trump Trashes Electric Vehicles Standing in Front of GOP Governor Who Supports Them

Scott

9 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Yes but you only had to push it to the nearest service station not all the way home.

I donno I’d love to have one as a first car because 99% of most folks driving is local store,entertainment ect,if you can’t manage the energy required for such short trips oh well.now as a second car a good old fashioned 4 by truck for pulling my trailers and long trips.now ideally if a person lives reasonably close to town just get an ev if you want to do a long trip just rent a gasser that would make sense for folks that just want 1 car

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ozimoron said:

It was mainly Musk exaggerating the range of his cars. Who would have thought?

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/tesla-fined-2-2m-exaggerating-driving-range-vehicles-report

A certain member of US Congress from New York (whose name I will not mention in an attempt to not have certain AN members froth at the mouth) said they wanted an electric car they could drive from NY to DC without having to stop and recharge.  The only one they could find that claimed to handle it was a Tesla; this was 3 years ago.  The city-to-city distance is around 250 miles and in the best driving conditions would take app. 4 hours.  But it involves passing through a few urban areas prone to stand-still traffic jams, so 5-6 hours is a more practical guesstimate if not driving in the wee hours.  And of course there is the incidental driving in the destination areas. 

"At the time, it was the only EV that could get me from New York to Washington on like one, or one-and-a-half charges, I would love to switch.”

At least EM allows us the opportunity to tell someone to "go back to Africa!" and not be branded a racist for it.  ????

• Thumbs Up 1

There was a story that a disgruntled employee of Tesla quit, and EM was able to remotely disable the car.  I have been unable to track this story down, anyone have any reference to back it up?

Now that we know what a wacko he's capable of being this could kill the product -- not just his own antics, but if the capability really exists it could be hacked.

On 1/29/2023 at 5:57 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I suspect he "fawns" over Musk because he's rich. Trump likes rich people, being one himself.

However, electric vehicles are a separate subject. IMO they are a dead end, like Beta VDO recorders were. Hydrogen is the way to go IMO, and if not for spending most of the research money on EVs we'd likely be converting our existing cars to hydrogen power already.

It's a proven technology, and doesn't rely on scarce raw materials or rare earth.

Hydrogen cars ARE electric. The fuel cell is used to produce the electricity which drives the wheels, so its like driving around with a personal power station. But it needs thousands of filling stations which can cope with hydrogen storage and it needs a way to produce large amounts of hydrogen without using a vast amount of electricity to do so. To do that needs massive investment and the fossil fuel dinosaurs won't stump up the money as, with no viable alternative, they still think they rule the roost.

• Like 1

Well, at least we can agree on something...:coffee1:

Journalist Says Pro-MAGA GOP Insiders Secretly 'Can't Wait Until This Guy Dies'

"You have a lot of folks who are just wishing for [Trump’s] mortal demise,” former Rep. Peter Meijer (R-Mich.) told Coppins, according to his report in The Atlantic. “I want to be clear: I’m not in that camp. But I’ve heard from a lot of people who will go onstage and put on the red hat, and then give me a call the next day and say, ‘I can’t wait until this guy dies."