Just the basics on visa waiver

Hi guys,

Sorry for a very basic question. I have been away for some time but I can finally return to the Kingdom. I have been out of the loop for a while. Are there any new rules for the visa waiver? I carry Swedish/EU passport. Do I get 45 days renewable once if I only show passport and a "throwaway ticket" to e.g. Phnom Penh at immigration? Do I need to fill any on-line form? I got 4 jabs Covid vacc in the yellow UN-pamphlet.

I am 50+ and used to get retirement visa through the agency next door to Immigration in Jomtien. Is this still a good deal or are there other alternatives?

Thank you so much

Thailandsgreat

Edited by thailandsgreat

It's like it was in 2019 before Covid.

If you're on a one way ticket, the airline will likely ask for proof of onward travel before you can board. Any ticket will do. There are no Covid vaccination or other requirements.

Upon landing, at immigration hand over your passport and boarding pass (so your flight details can be added). There is no more white TM6 card to be filled out on the plane. Have your fingerprints and photo taken, and you'll be given a 45 day visa exemption (if arriving before the end of March).

Once you're in the country you can go through the process of getting your status changed to Non-O based on retirement. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thailandsgreat said:

. Do I get 45 days renewable once

As DF said you will get 45 days if you arrive by March 31. If you arrive after March 31 you may get 30 days, or you may get 45 days; the government haven't decided yet.

In either case you will be entitled to a single extension of 30 days.

• Thanks 1