90 day reporting possible having stayed (previously!) at a hotel

Hi

Short story: I stayed at a hotel in 2022 December 17-23 and after (now) am just driving around with my girlfriend's car staying at homestays / random hotels enjoying life. Most of these places do not report my TM30 (reporting of foreigner)

Question: Can I do the 90-day reporting (coming up week of February 1), indicating the hotel I stayed at in December ? (They did do my TM30 and I wonder if that "expires" / aka has an expiry date on it)

(If the TM30 using old hotel is not possible), Question: Does 1 night of checking into any establishment that does the TM30 for me suffice?

Cheers

Also, here is a picture of life, because why look at just a boring post of mine without any fun...

7image.jpeg.5c25dfaaaa9c330f1b47efd207aa5b44.jpeg

23 minutes ago, daviddunham said:

Can I do the 90-day reporting (coming up week of February 1), indicating the hotel I stayed at in December ?

You would do 90 day report using same address as your previous report. 

December hotel irrelevant 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

I had a similar experience while touring around Thailand a while back.

As you have correctly stated, some hotels do the TM30 for you, some don't.

But I didn't worry about it, and when I finally settled down in a long term condo, I made sure the agent did the TM30.

Apparently, she had no problems, because according to her, immigration gets "tired" of trying to track where every foreigner is, when they are moving hotels every couple or few days!

As long as they have a few TM30's in your record, that is apparently enough for them to realize you're moving around, sightseeing Thailand.

Strange.

1 hour ago, daviddunham said:

Can I do the 90-day reporting (coming up week of February 1), indicating the hotel I stayed at in December ? (They did do my TM30

Are you reporting online or in person? I don't know if it makes a difference, but it might. I returned from UK on a re-entry permit in August to my permanent address in Rayong, and then in September made a trip to Isaan. As with your experience, most hotels didn't bother to register me, or just accepted my Thai driving licence for i/d. However, one hotel in Khorat insisted on copying my passport, which I guess they submitted to Khorat Immigration. At the end of October I submitted an online 90-day report, which was accepted as pending but never processed, and I ended up reporting in person to the Rayong office.

My next 90-day was due yesterday, so I submitted online last Monday and it was approved last Thursday. The only reason I can think of for the previous non-acceptance is that Rayong didn't approve it  because they thought I might have gone to live in Khorat (although the online report showed my Rayong address). I never had a problem reporting online before that.

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless you are doing the 90 day report where you did your previous report or extension of stay you will have to formally change your address to the hotel where you staying.

Sorry for not giving more detail...

- This is my first 90-day report (since arriving after European Summer in early November)

- I stayed x days in Bangkok until December (Hotel, they did TM30)

- December arrived in Phuket (Hotel did TM30)

- Now traveling around (no TM30 anywhere)

Question: Can I use the TM30 reporting of the hotel in Phuket?

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

What permission of stay do you have in Thailand.

Do you intend to deal with immigration.

For example apply for extension etc ?

- I have an elite visa (still need to do 90-day)

- Staying in Thalang, Phuket now

- I intend to go to the Thalang Immigration at BlueTree, which is mostly empty and looks chill AF ...because I could drop the passport to their agent in phuket for free who would do the 90-day reporting for me, but I would need to drive twice (0.5h there, 0.5h back) to Phuket Town with the motorbike (Traffic and Russians everywhere make this trip a nightmare)

Here is the cute little immigration office at BlueTree (photo from a few days ago), 5 people waiting outside, no biggie ????????

IMG_4110.thumb.jpg.816fa1ec489ee31fb59a90323008949e.jpg