Double Pocket Sliding Doors - where to buy?

Encid

One of the rooms in our new house will be a walk-in wardrobe, and rather than a standard swing type door we'd like something different... a space-saving double pocket sliding door like this.

1361549961_DoublePocketDoor-01.JPG.07c055ec1153e121ae27e00a728bc414.JPG

I understand that they usually require some special prefabricated cassette to mount the doors like this:

1787842984_DoublePocketDoorCassette.JPG.b8728d010aa0b99d54698db880170802.JPG

But I have never seen them at any of the major hardware stores in Thailand.

Has anyone seen them for sale here?

If so, where? And what are the costs?

If not, do you think that they would be difficult for a door manufacturer to fabricate?

You can find suppliers and ideas in a place like this:

Architect Expo 2023 : The 35th ASEAN’s Largest Building Technology Exposition.

I was there last year, and I found a supplier for a glass sliding door.

One problem which I discovered is that many manufacturers don't want to deal with the end-user where it will be installed. They prefer to talk (only) with contractors.

Good luck!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You need the subframe to bolt the track onto and of course a bit over double the width of the opening. Then you get the hardware from Häfele. You will have to decide the weight of the doors and if you want soft closing or not and synced opening. Häfele has a display in their show room

That's good to know... I panned to install a Hafele digital door lock on the doors anyway so maybe I can get them to build the entire kit for me?

image.png.8933a5e492e741f1f6b784bf979b171e.png

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Häfele has a display in their show room

Which show room is that?

I've been through the Pattaya show room many times and never seen a sliding door display like that.

Maybe I just missed it because I was too busy looking at all the other nice (but expensive) stuff they have? :cool:

44 minutes ago, Encid said:

Which show room is that?

I've been through the Pattaya show room many times and never seen a sliding door display like that.

Maybe I just missed it because I was too busy looking at all the other nice (but expensive) stuff they have? :cool:

It’s the main showroom 57 Soi Sukhumvit 64

50 minutes ago, Encid said:

That's good to know... I panned to install a Hafele digital door lock on the doors anyway so maybe I can get them to build the entire kit for me?

That’s highly unlikely as AFIK they just sell stuff for you to build. 

All the stuff I’ve got from them I’ve fitted myself, locks, hinges, door handles, and many others.

We have one interior sliding door that uses Hafele hardware.  It uses the same mechanism as a pocket door just isn't enclosed.  It has soft open/close which costs an extra 4 - 5,000฿.  We didn't want a pocket door as the enclosure can make maintenance complicated.

I have pictures of almost every part of our house.... but not that door unfortunately.  The mechanism is concealed in a box on the wall above the door.  The box is about twice as wide as the door opening and about 15 - 20cm tall and about 10 - 12cm thick.

The locking mechanism is very different for sliding doors.  I'm not sure a suitable digital lock would be easy to source.

Edited by gamb00ler