Where would you fly to for a 1 week holiday out of Thailand mid Feb?

ubonr1971

I was thinking of taking a weeks holiday outside of Thailand in middle of Feb. 

These are my thoughts

- Europe- too cold and miserable this time of year

- Bali- not a bad option but been there many times

- Myanmar- broken country and dangerous at the moment?

- Vietnam and Cambodia. Been there done that. 

- Philippines- Visited a long time ago. Maybe a good option. Not too far to fly to. Plenty of action. Whats the name of that popular area a few hours from Manila?  I looked at Thai airways flights and a message is displayed saying that passengers need to show a negative pcr test and show full vac certificate. But then I looked at online visa and it says only show vac certificate and no pcr test needed. 

- Singapore. Boring

- Hong Kong. Boring

- Malaysia. Been there done that. 

- Japan- Never visited. Interested to visit this country but so cold this time of year

- China- forget about it

If you have any other suggestions can you please make a comment

thanks 

Phillipines is OK but its got worst food in the world , and terrible transport system,, be prepared to wait up to 6 hours for your bags at airport  , I have spent much time there  working and holidays ,, people are nice  , but its not as user friendly as Thailand

Vietnam, cheaper, nearer and an upgrade on most Thai locations. Da Nang would be my choice,  but the east coast has many great locations, clean beaches and clean blue sea.  It will not be many years before Vietnam replaces Thailand as the number one South East Asia holiday destination.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Could recommend Japan as it is the one place I went that I think is genuinely different. The weather not so important as it is not a beachy place. How about Australia. Warm weather and a bit different too to all those Asia options. 

Long way to go for one week, and expensive. Japan is cold in Winter. 

Edited by Doctor Tom

16 minutes ago, liddelljohn said:

Phillipines is OK but its got worst food in the world , and terrible transport system,, be prepared to wait up to 6 hours for your bags at airport  , I have spent much time there  working and holidays ,, people are nice  , but its not as user friendly as Thailand

Avoid like the plague. 

• Like 1

Laos. Friendly people, good food, lots to see.

Bali is awful. It has gotten way too over developed, the traffic and congestion is horrendous, and way too many young, drunk Aussies. 

Vietnam is entirely subjective. The people do nothing for me. Many are like cold, wet fish. 

Angeles City used to be amazing. A good friend who lives there tells me the whole scene has changed, and most of the action is now online. Apparently the bars and clubs are a pale shadow of their former selves. And you also have the crime, the ghetto atmosphere and the horrendous food. But, many of the people and many of the gals are lovely. 

Edited by spidermike007

26 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Long way to go for one week, and expensive. Japan is cold in Winter. 

Week in Darwin not too expensive if careful on hotels.  Could see Kakadu and take a nice trip to Katherine Gorge. Closer than Tokyo. Osaka and Kyoto would make a nice week and nice in the cold. Many South East Asian destinations a bit same same but probably more relaxing if that's what is wanted. 

11 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Did that back in 1991?

Fabulous place playing cricket against Murali, Graeme Labrooy, Hashan Tillekenatre, and Arivinda De Silva among others.

Probably different now but cheers for reminding me.????????

It has indeed changed a hell of a lot since then;  bankrupted to the Chinese, heavily polluted , high corruption and crime rate and disintegrating infrastructure. 

17 minutes ago, clearance said:

Also Taiwan is an option (not sure about entry rules tho).

Taiwan at this time of the year is cold and it rains almost ever day. Love the place and lived there for a few years, but its not really an Asian holiday destination, in my view. Its definitely worked and operates  for the residents rather than visitors.   

4 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

Taiwan at this time of the year is cold and it rains almost ever day. Love the place and lived there for a few years, but its not really an Asian holiday destination, in my view. Its definitely worked and operates  for the residents rather than visitors.   

Been there in Dec-Jan 2018, not so cold as I remember, +12 - +16 (feels colder with humidity, but still good). Watched fireworks from Taipei 101 on NY night. Had only good memories of this country. I think Taiwan is one of the most underrated destinations for tourists in Asia.

9 minutes ago, clearance said:

Been there in Dec-Jan 2018, not so cold as I remember, +12 - +16 (feels colder with humidity, but still good). Watched fireworks from Taipei 101 on NY night. Had only good memories of this country. I think Taiwan is one of the most underrated destinations for tourists in Asia.

Sounds cold to me, but I agree, its a beautiful country and Taiwanese are as different from mainland Chinese as chalk is from cheese, friendly, well educated and outgoing. I still have many good friends there. 

p.s.  It's still miserable weather in winter.  ????